Humax HDR receiving non-Freesat FTA??

baldylocks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat HD
My Location
south cumbria
Hi All

Please help - I'm sure this must have been asked before but I can't find it....

Just upgraded to Humax HDR from a basic Foxsat HD receiver, only to discover that MENU/SETUP/MANUAL TUNE will not allow me to swap between Freesat & all rest of FTA from 28.2 sat like I could on the old Foxsat. When I try the 'Tuner' & 'Satellite' options are greyed out (Tuner says 'Fixed' & Satellite says 'freesat 28.2E')

I have only one feed - is this the problem? Will a multiple LNB solve the problem (or will it be a waste of money)?

Have I set it up wrong?

Is there a work-around?

Advice will be gratefully received.... :confused

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I have both - It works exactly the same.

But you must do a non-Freesat tune on 28E (no need to save the results) before the Freesat/nonFreesat option becomes available.

One feed may be an issue - for a start you can't get the best out of the Watch one, Record two functionality and there are some constraints for other Satellites - eg which input to use for non 28E. Can't recall all the details, as I set mine up yonks ago, however .....

Have a look at the relevant Wiki here

_http://myhumax.org/wiki/index.php/Humax_FOXSAT-HDR

and hopefully all the details will be there.

baldylocks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat HD
My Location
south cumbria
Fantastic - done - Thanks a Million Tivu

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Phew!

Those Wikis aren't exactly helpful, looking at them afresh, so just as well I remembered the essential bit.

tamersaid81

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have sky and don't use computer
My Location
Scotland
This humax foxsat HDR is designed for freesat channels not good at all with non freesat when you change the option from STB Mode freesat to non freesat you get the channels with strange numbers like 5001, you lose the recording option and no favorite working and the box reboot him self sometimes when you try to delete some of that channels, you can't add the non freesat to your freesat list actual it's designed for freesat. we hope the new software solve this problems or maybe there's a hacked one i don't know.
for anyone can't get the non freesat from the (STB Mode) menu goes to manual tune first and search, you will find the STB Mode is active.
Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Eh?

It works fine for in non-Freesat mode.

Of course the EPG, Channel numbering etc. are not the same as, or compatible with, Freesat mode: Channels pay for inclusion in the Freesat EPG.

Yes, non-Freesat Channel numbering starts at 5001, but whatever you do have in that range can be put in whatever order you wish, added, deleted, renamed etc.

Clearly recording is going to be manual only, but it works.

And it gives the facility for using it on non 28E Satellites

But don't forget it is a Freesat box and that anything else is effectively a bonus.

I have a Foxsat and a Foxsat PVR and now use them for main UK viewing and for multi-Satellite without difficulty.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
And a much better one here

Attachments

• HDR Advanced Menu Guide.pdf
    201.5 KB · Views: 179

tamersaid81

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have sky and don't use computer
My Location
Scotland
Great Manuel not mentioned in the original manuel, thanks guys the machine is very good with freesat i was quiet hesiteted to move to motorised dish but now i might think on it.
Is there's any problems with the motorised dish appear or all work ok like you lose any channels when you move from bird to the other, then manuel record is ok i can deal with it and how knows maybe in the future they work out and sort all of that.
Thanks