Humax i Cord

punjetas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self installed 2 antenna (90cms)...1xfixed Hispasat..1xEutelsat/Astra etc(HtoH)...iCordXcr....Panasonic TV Xcr
My Location
Sussex
Hi everyone and thank you to ADMIN??? who missed me.....I have awarded myself the "Wally of the Week Award" for crashing my PC bigtime in June and even now it is only partially rebuilt(fora good reason).........If anyone knows a contact for Symantec in this world please let me know?.......Admin will give you my mail address as it's not a satellite subject.Add to this "finger trouble" in not being able to read the security codes for this sites login, when you've made a hash of your login........So to some satellite questions please....(1) Has anyone ever managed to get a reply from Humax UK?......Humax Germany always reply in a day or so;compliments to them....(2)...The i Cord has as we know dual tuners.If one uses this Xcr to drive a dish (via a Vee Box) for auto positioning then the 2nd tuner is INOP.So if you need to use said Xcr on an auto/manual system would you need to use an "A"/"B" switch to make the system work?..... Why do I need this?.....TREES!!....they kill the 30w Hispasat signal and I have a fixed dish with a sight line clear of the TREES..........(3) Has anyone ever extended the capacity of an i Cord using an external disc........and ever exported i Cord content onto a Blu ray recorder........Kind Regards PUNJETAS

punjetas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Self installed 2 antenna (90cms)...1xfixed Hispasat..1xEutelsat/Astra etc(HtoH)...iCordXcr....Panasonic TV Xcr
My Location
Sussex
Short of cutting the trees down,especially as I do not own them....has anyone a better solution than the A B switch? I have a spare SD receiver and I could connect this to the currently unused dish @ 30W.Please forget the external disc query,I'm working on a computer blu ray solution.....kind regards to all......punjetas

satellitedave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400,Humax 2000hd,QS1080ir
Channelmaster 1.2 motorised dish.
My Location
N.W Lancs coast
Re Humax uk,if it was help for your icord you can forget it.
I did receive an email from them stating the icord is not supported by them.They suggested contacting the german office.This was about 6 months ago.Due to their attitude,i sold my icord on, and refuse now to buy any of their products.
At least with the HD2000,they did support it for a while.

punjetas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sussex
Thank you Dave for your comment,apologies for the delay in my reply, but I have been out of town until now 24/9/09 ..........I wonder why Humax UK appear so useless from a customer service point of view?.......Kind Regards John

ivanko34

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laptop Sony + DM 7020 S
My Location
Greece
same problem with me. There is no support. The icord could be a great receiver if the image quality was normal but is low quality in standard definition. The only good thing with the receiver is the user interface

punjetas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sussex
Short of buying a Blu Ray RECORDER and currently there only seems to be a Panasonic; at approx: £700; has anyone a better solution....please? To keep any upscaled HDMI content; to me if you used a computer with a Blu Ray burner; you would need an HDMI capture card and there do not appear to be any........Rgds....John