humax IRCI-5400

A

alexsi67

i have recently purchased a humax IRCI-5400 with a built in humfree +CAM. however, many of you may have noticed that www.humfree.de has recently been closed down - so now i have no direct way of finding out about what exactly my decoder can do.

can someone explain to me the following please?

1. what is a humfree +CAM? and what encryption systems can i decode on it? eg. will it do viaccess? and will it accept funcards?

2. i have a gold wafer card and programmer, and have visited phill's satellite site. when i go to the viaccess section there are so many keys to choose from. which one should i be using and what is the difference between them? (should all of them work?)

3. i have experience with itvdigital systems, and know that the new monthly codes can be inputted via remote. is there such a system for the viaccess and irdeto channels? or does it involve reprogramming the card each time?

if anyone can help me with theses questions, i will be very grateful.
thankyou in advance.

alexsi.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The term "humfree +CAM" is probably best read as "humfree+ CAM" and is just some hobbyists' way of describing the nature of the embedded Irdeto CAM in a Humax 5400 that has been modified with a certain softeware patch. Most people refer just to a "patched Humax".
There are various different software patches that can be applied to that receiver in order to make the Irdeto CAM behave differently - ie to offer more than just plain Irdeto.
The original patch just turned it into an AllCAM. IE a CAM which can decrypt not just standard Irdeto but also the "Betacrypt" variant used by the German Premiere-World and Austrian ATV providers.
The latest series of patches go further, allowing (when used in conjunction with a suitably programmed card) reception of Viaccess and Mediaguard channels, as well as Irdeto/Betacrypt.
The range of cards one can use for that purpose includes the "Funcard".

The Viaccess stuff you are referring to at Phill's sat site are not keys at all, they are files for loading into the chips of various kinds of card. The files do incorporate keys internally, but it is not primarily the keys that vary across the different filesets - it is the functionality of the software. For example, one set may be targeted at a specific receiver; another may offer the option of updating the keys via the remote control; another may offer auto-update of keys, and so on. Usually these nuances are evident from the readme that is packaged with the files.

The option for remote-control update of keys is available (if you use the right files) for all hacked digital encryption systems.

2old