Humax lose Viaccess licence

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Notification
Viaccess has terminated on July 1, 2002 its license agreement with Korean manufacturer Humax

Paris, July 01, 2002

We hereby notify all our partners licensed under the Viaccess technology that Viaccess has terminated on July 1, 2002 its license agreement with Korean manufacturer Humax due to constant and numerous breaches to its licence obligations, such breaches having seriously harmed Viaccess licensed operators, manufacturers and distributors.

As a consequence, any manufacture and sale of set top boxes embedding the Viaccess technology made by HUMAX is illegal, and any purchase of such products can only be construed as counterfeit and will not be supported by Viaccess.
Original article

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I believe a similar notice was sent out re Samsung

There is no doubt they were good machines, but owing to the way Humax and Samsung distributed the receivers, and the dubious origins of certain fabulous patches, it was only a matter of time before they woul dbe found to have abused the licence agreements given by France Telecom.

There is also little doubt that manufacturers that have been towing the line re the Telecom licence would have had some reason to complain when the Humax name was being bandied about as having everything necessary to provide the user with satellite TV.

Bit like atheletes on drugs getting medals at the Olympics, it happens, but theres a risk of getting caught and banned.