I appear to have lost most of my settings

spudorange

Reaction score
Hi folks

Have an echostar 3600 motorized system which the other day refused to show any channels (no signal)

when pressing sat button on remote only 5 satellites remained, selecting one of those moved it across to say 30 deg east, in the menu I then clicked hotbird and nothing happened, no movement nothing, then astra 2, again nothing.

It seems that a few sat's are not there anymore, except in the menu.

Whilst I am happy to do a factory reset I would ask the following first please.

I used to have a sat mag every month and it gave (in a sort of semi circle) where everything was, that way I always found it easy to add a sat cos it was for example right next to one I already had

Can anyone advise of such a picture being available as I need a starting point such as knowing that eutelsat is just to the left of centre etc etc I can then work out all the rest

I hope that lot makes sense and appreciate any feedback you may be able to offer

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi spudorange,
I think you mean What Satellite for the magazine but you don't need it. If you check out lyngsat.com you will find every satellite listed there, but you do not need to do a factory reset yet.
First check your settings, especially your East and West limit, as this is usually the problem, press the Menu button on your remote control, and navigate to the hammer symbol and press OK.
You should now be on a dish symbol on the right, press OK. This should take you into the motorised setup.
By going through this you can check your East West limits and if necessary reset them, then you can add satellites and position them as appropriate.
Please post back if you experience any problems.
Best wishes
Mickha

spudorange

Reaction score
thanks for that m8

appreciated

I believe my e/w limits are ok but I will check as advised

I did try lyngsat but could not find the bit I expected, as in a bar showing what's where from left to right

In that way I felt I could then work from one to the other to get everything back

So I suppose I am trying to say how do I add satellites without knowing where to find them and winding the wife up cos the dish is going nnnng nnnng as it constantly seeks

(nnng* terrible impersonation of a dish moving) lol

cheers and as mentioned will advise

spud

Mickha said:
Hi spudorange,
I think you mean What Satellite for the magazine but you don't need it. If you check out lyngsat.com you will find every satellite listed there, but you do not need to do a factory reset yet.
First check your settings, especially your East and West limit, as this is usually the problem, press the Menu button on your remote control, and navigate to the hammer symbol and press OK.
You should now be on a dish symbol on the right, press OK. This should take you into the motorised setup.
By going through this you can check your East West limits and if necessary reset them, then you can add satellites and position them as appropriate.
Please post back if you experience any problems.
Best wishes
Mickha