I can get astra 2D channels but cannot get eurobird 1, Why? Please Help !

omo99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
UK
I can get astra 2D channels but cannot get eurobird 1, Why/ Please Help ! Don't let me toss the disk and motor into the garage !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have pointed my dish to astra 2D, I say this as I can get ITV channels, BBC London, CBBC, Cbeebies etc. However I am unable to get Eurobird 1 channels , how do I resolve this? I am using technomate 7755 with a 100cm dish. I have checked that my pole is vertical, and I receive good signals on astra2D.
As Eurobird 1 (at 28.5E) is so close to Astra 2D(at 28.2E), why shouldn't Eurobird channels be received when I am getting the Astra 2D channels clearly, Please help, its tearing my hair out.

I started with this motorised setup by aligning my dish using an old sky minisih as a reference. I was then able to get astra 2d(some channels -BBC, ITV channels etc, but not eurobird 1) . using this as a reference rather than THor which is closer to my longitude(3.2W, lat is 54.1N), I was able to get channels on astra 19E, Hotbird, arabsat). Is this a sensible way to start?
Should I begin again and use thor as my reference. I cannot understand why Eurobird channels are not showing.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

Where I am a get a weaker signal from Eurobird1 than I do from Astra 2D. So I would suggest that your dish is not lined up at all properly.

Also the way you have done it, is not a sensible way to start. You need to start again.
Have a read of this:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...90916-setup-guide-diseqc-motor-pictorial.html

If you really insist on lining up to 28E to start off with, you must first send the dish there using USALS. Then as a follow-up send it to your closest satellite (5W)and re-adjust if necessary.

Robbo:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

omo99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox
My Location
UK
Thanks. I wil report back how I get on. You've been very helpful with your suggestions