I don't understand this help on WB LNB. Thanks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Oco LNB in Sky dish 2xHumax recorder Freesat SKY HD Box , SkyHD + Box
My Location
Dumfries
Hopefully this is into the correct forum it's a bit of a mixed question.

We presently have an octo LNB. We have equipment in 2 rooms 4 cables into each room.

Each room has sky plus box and a Humax freesat recorder box. 2 cables into each box with a cable from each freesat box to the Freesat TV in that room.

We're thinking of going to SkyQ and eventually new freesat recording boxes (wideband) . And still have a connection to the Freesat TVs

I'm aware that we only need one wideband feed for sky Q . But would require 2 wideband feeds for the new Freesat boxes.

Is there a way of getting 3 wide band feeds from the LNB with feeds available to run the 2 new Freesat recorders and Sky Q. And then also run 2 'normal' feeds to each Humax box which we may not upgrade immediately. Oh and also to the Freesat TVs.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Firstly, Sky Q requires two wideband feeds, one vertical and one horizontal, it is only if you are using a dSCR multiswitch that you only require a single feed and the Q box needs to be put into SCR mode.

Why do you need Freesat boxes alongside the SkyQ? The Sky Q can record four channels at the same time, whilst you watch another, then in the second room have a Sky Q minibox. What you ask is doable, but would require either a Hybrid LNB if going with a Q Box in the main room and a Freesat box and Q mini in the second room. If you want waht you have suggested above, you would probably need and SCR converter in both rooms, fed by the four octo feeds.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dumfries
Firstly, Sky Q requires two wideband feeds, one vertical and one horizontal, it is only if you are using a dSCR multiswitch that you only require a single feed and the Q box needs to be put into SCR mode.

Why do you need Freesat boxes alongside the SkyQ? The Sky Q can record four channels at the same time, whilst you watch another, then in the second room have a Sky Q minibox. What you ask is doable, but would require either a Hybrid LNB if going with a Q Box in the main room and a Freesat box and Q mini in the second room. If you want waht you have suggested above, you would probably need and SCR converter in both rooms, fed by the four octo feeds.
Thanks but at my knowledge level I don't understand that.

We have old style Humax Freesat boxes....
Because we have them. My wife is addicted to Teletext which is on them. We only have sky to watch F1 , my wife, and Cricket, me. We're only revisiting sky Q because of a letter from sky saying that they will install it free.

Can I ask, are you saying I can feed the sky Q box , using a splitter, from the octo LNB?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks but at my knowledge level I don't understand that.

We have old style Humax Freesat boxes....
Because we have them. My wife is addicted to Teletext which is on them. We only have sky to watch F1 , my wife, and Cricket, me. We're only revisiting sky Q because of a letter from sky saying that they will install it free.

Can I ask, are you saying I can feed the sky Q box , using a splitter, from the octo LNB?
OK, I see the issue with the teletext, have to say I didn't realise anyone still used it. :)

Get Sky to install a new dish with the dual output wideband LNB for the Q box in one room and then have a Q mini in the other room, you can then have all you have at the moment, retaining the original cables. The Q box won't work with the octo outputs directly, but it could if you put an SCR converter in the room with the Q box, Triax TMDS 42 C dSCR multiswitch with SkyQ Legacy adapter

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
The Unitron dCSS-422 can be had cheaply from eBay and appear to have similar functionality to the Triax rolfw linked to. Both these units will allow you to keep the octo LNB and connect Sky Q and Freesat 4K or Humax boxes.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dumfries
OK, I see the issue with the teletext, have to say I didn't realise anyone still used it. :)

Get Sky to install a new dish with the dual output wideband LNB for the Q box in one room and then have a Q mini in the other room, you can then have all you have at the moment, retaining the original cables. The Q box won't work with the octo outputs directly, but it could if you put an SCR converter in the room with the Q box, Triax TMDS 42 C dSCR multiswitch with SkyQ Legacy adapter
Thanks.

Would it all still work if we had to go to new Freesat boxes eg if we ditched sky Q.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks.

Would it all still work if we had to go to new Freesat boxes eg if we ditched sky Q.
Freesat boxes will work with an Octo feed, but you'll only have the two tuners, as opposed to if you used one with two wideband feeds or an SCR feed, whereby you can record more channels at a time.