I feel stupid asking................but

F

FEBUS

Hi,

I'm new to all this and have searched the BBS and can't find answers to my questions, perhaps one of you would be kind enough to help.

OK, I live in South Western France nr PAU- I've set up a 60cm dish to my Amstrad (200) digibox and have free to air channels including ITV News, Sky News etc. I've done a find new channels and found ITV and manually tuned in Ch 5 , but after I've saved them they don't appear in the Channel Guide which starts at 180 something. Is this a viewing card problem?- I have no Sky subscription and just want BBC etc.

Also how can I tell if I'm getting Astra 2D and not one of the other transponders? Any help appreciated and sorry if I 've not given the correct information to help you.

Even with the stuff I've got now, after 2 yrs with no English TV I'm in heaven!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look here Febus http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml Going places TV is a free to air channel so will give you a 2D locator, the BBC channels should be visible after the 10th as free to air also. If you do not have a free to view card, then you will not be able to see ITV or channel 5.

F

FEBUS

My channel guide only starts at 181 and when I add other channels from the "services" menu they don't appear in my channel guide!

My free to view card is not yet activated, I got it a yr ago and have only just got a working dish!

Any more help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can you receive Going Places Febus?

You will only get what you've got on the EPG until the card is activated, or the BBC is free to air.

F

FEBUS

Yes I have going places and my yr old viewing card is going to be activated tommorrow by a friendly UK based relative.

Many, many thanks for your help- I'd better get my 2D reception results posted!

Thanks again

Sam