I need help using my RS232 Cable

NioX

Reaction score
Hello, I bought the RS232 Cable and it is connected on COM Port 2, I downloaded the Software for my receiver. it said close receiver and press download using the file and nothing happens after 10 minutes.

so I downloaded another program called Smart M5 just for my receiver and tried it again and I got an error that read Reboot your IRD

I am really lost can someone give me some help please

Thank you

nhfs49

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat,Strong, Onyx, Omax, Astrasat, Condor, Starcom, Astrovox, JTAG.
Laptop,Desktop.
My Location
Lebanon
Dear Niox,when you begin downloading, the receiver must be turned off.Once you pressed on download or started, turn on your receiver.it's the general way for almost all receivers.

NioX

Reaction score
I tried that and I let it go for 10 minutes, after that I cameback and nothing happened, the same Unit Information, and everything. that is when I decided to use the other program and I started to receive the Reboot IRD error, and i have no idea what that means do you know?Thanks

NioX

Reaction score
Ahh man sometimes I dont notice how stupid I can be. It turns out i had it on the wrong Com Port, thanks a lot for your help it worked. at least now I know the cable is working. now it is time to look for the other stuff I can do to my system to open up some new Channels. Thanks a lot mate