I need more softcams

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Messages
148
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
#1
I have a Dreambox 7000s with latest hydra image

It has the ability to download add-ons such as keys and cams etc but I quickly run out of space.

Presumably I have to run the image from hdd as this would eliminate the size constraint.

I seem to remember seeing a tutorial for multi boot images on dreambox.net.au

Can someone please confirm that this is the steps I will need to take as I don't want to play and mess something up.


Thanks
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#2
Not wishing to distract you from your mission, but I would say that the optimum setup would have the absolute minimum of s*ftcams loaded. Think thin, lean and mean.

I only use newc@md, and that gets 95% of what's getable (for me) and that's cool. Less code, less errors, less conflict, less space, less crashes.

It's also easier to keep track of. Once you get to know it, you can put it all together manually in 2 mins, and you're not reliant on all that peripheral downloading junk.

Think minimal is my advice. :)
 

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Messages
148
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
#3
So as long as I run the latest version of Newcamd with latest keys all other cams are pretty much useless.

Is this what you are saying ?
 

Razor

Regular Member
Messages
1,319
Likes
0
My Location
Ireland
#4
Must get a DB, As all this is DD to me. Out with the 1122s and in with the DB.

BTW when all the big packages where open the 1122s had it all. Slot B ( CNX ) a cam for all seasons and a tit with a TBM file would open all. S2 on a CNX EMB slot wow who would have thought.
 

RedDevil_UK

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,761
Likes
34
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
#5
i have 6 softcams on mine..... and as BgonaSTICK says, the NewCamd 5.20 is about the best. so just install this one.

then get the latest keys, hey presto loadsa channels :D
 

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#6
RedDevil_UK said:
i have 6 softcams on mine..... and as BgonaSTICK says, the NewCamd 5.20 is about the best. so just install this one.

then get the latest keys, hey presto loadsa channels :D
Not only should you d/load only the softcams you need, and as stated, that's pretty well Newcamd (currently 5.25), but you will find that the back-breaking final straw softcam will crash the DB when it's unpacking the file and then you will find you can't d/load the latest control panel either . . . .
whereupon it's "flash erase and hope you saved your settings" time.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#7
haggard said:
Not only should you d/load only the softcams you need, and as stated, that's pretty well Newcamd (currently 5.25), but you will find that the back-breaking final straw softcam will crash the DB when it's unpacking the file and then you will find you can't d/load the latest control panel either . . . .
whereupon it's "flash erase and hope you saved your settings" time.
Thought 5.24 newcamd was the latest.
 

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#8
john_graydon said:
Thought 5.24 newcamd was the latest.
You're right John
It was wishful thinking.
So many crashes since 5.24 I was expecting 5.25 daily and it was stuck in my mind.
 

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#9
Razor said:
Must get a DB, As all this is DD to me. Out with the 1122s and in with the DB.

BTW when all the big packages where open the 1122s had it all. Slot B ( CNX ) a cam for all seasons and a tit with a TBM file would open all. S2 on a CNX EMB slot wow who would have thought.
yeah razor, could you translate that last sentence please. DD 2 me 2. I have a 1122s as well as DB (and a dBox) and never got as much out of 1122 as I thought I should. No more softw updates and cant download settings thru that parallel port, even tho I should. But are you saying you put a tit into the embedded cnx slot (:cool:. Are you still using that?
If this is a new thread and wrong for here in DSB then please move mod.
 

lee32uk

Regular Member
Messages
191
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
#10
The link below shows you what the various cams do

_http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm
 

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#11
lee32uk said:
The link below shows you what the various cams do

_http://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/emu_dream.htm
Thats a hell of a good table Lee, well spotted. Bedside reading.

Maybe it can be read off from this chart why, for example, Radegast will do multivision 1-8 but not TPS cinemas whereas, Newcamd does both. I can't see it.
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#12
haggard said:
You're right John
It was wishful thinking.
So many crashes since 5.24 I was expecting 5.25 daily and it was stuck in my mind.
@ Haggard Got a hold of 2 5620s today and loaded 1 with image Hydra 56XX Dianne 1105. Must say it has`nt crashed yet messing around with it for a couple of hours and still up and running without a reboot. Trying to see if I can load my sat settings on it but failed to do so. Computer stalling all the time. Think I will have to manually install all the sats. Oh well should be fun though. Good 2nd box.
 
Top