I need some advise on a dish

Dreamlife

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish Motorised, Technomate 5500CI Super, Dragon, Conax, DigitAlb, and ART.
My Location
Midlands
At present I have a 1m motorised dish and because satellite tv is one of my big hobbys, i'd like to see if I could go bigger. Now my downfall with this is my location, and this is one of the areas i'd need advise on. I live in a council flat with my own back garden and this is where I have my current dish. Now where I live has myself upstairs and a lady lives downstairs, it's a 2 floor flat where the garden is halfed. One part of the garden belongs to me and the other belongs to the lady downstairs. Now as far as my current 1m dish goes, iv'e got it fixed in the garden on a pole and iv'e had no complaints. Now if I was to buy a bigger dish but didn't have it fixed in the garden, say on a tripod instead, do you think i'd get any complaints? Would I have any grounds to stand on with it being council property if anyone did complain? :confused

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
is there any thing inparticular you are trying to get

Dreamlife

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish Motorised, Technomate 5500CI Super, Dragon, Conax, DigitAlb, and ART.
My Location
Midlands
aba said:
is there any thing inparticular you are trying to get

I'm not to sure, the weak satellites i'm finding differcult to get is 26e, 1w Thor 3 and 7w V chs and a few on 42e. I'm not too bothered about the 1w ones really, as the channels on there I can get else where if needed. I can get channels on 26e and 7w but they normaly pixel out and are not watchable. Also any other satellites that I could pick up with a bigger dish then great. The thing is that i'd like to replace my dish setup before the winter comes. Now iv'e got to replace the dish because the lnb holders broke and the lnb is stuck on with tape. Plus the wire has a join in it going from the dish to my box so that needs replacing to. So I think iv'e got the following options,

1. Buy a new box that has a good tuner (my current one is a DM500), plus good lnb and another 1m dish.

2. Buy a bigger dish with a good lnb and go from there. Dish size, i'd love a 1.8m but would settle for a 1.2m or 1.5m. With the dish I don't want to push it too far and be made to remove it and end up with nothing.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could perhaps try either something like an Andrews 1.2m or a something like a Fibo 1.2 (with a secondary reflector), both of these dishes when well set up with their own dedicated feedhorns and decent LNBs, perform very well.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
rolfw said:
You could perhaps try either something like an Andrews 1.2m or a something like a Fibo 1.2 (with a secondary reflector), both of these dishes when set up with their own dedicated feedhorns and decent LNBs, perform very well.

i would agree with rolfw, plus you can pick these up cheap on ebay