I simply cant get ITV HD!!

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Right, i have beed trying to get ITV HD on my dreambox 800 now for about a month, but it simply wont happen.

I have edited the Lamedb, i have rescanned, all i get is shorts tv..

Does somebody have a pre edited Lamedb that has ITV HD working that i could try incase i am doing something simple wrong!

Thanks

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B & W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, what you have to do with the lamedb file is FTP it to the box, don't use the dreamboxedit. Then after FTP don't reboot, you have to turn the boxx off at the back. If you use normal reboot or the reboot initated by the dreamboxedit it won't work.

If it works, then you will have another problem: If you scan 28east, it will usually overwrite the ITVHD station with some junk. So make sure you tick all the boxes of the ITVHD station in Dreamboxedit so it won't autoupdate.

Trust me, it works :)

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
One other thing when you do a scan it says Newtwork Scan- On Off

What is it and should it be on or off?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
We discussed network scanning in another thread, search for it as there is a lot of information. But basically it searches all the frequencies of the network, it is like a poor mans blind scan. It takes longer to scan that way, but you get more chances of picking up new stuff.
So for normal scanning I leave it off