Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force 516S
1m Dish
Pace MS 100 Analogue
Windows XP
My Location
NE England
Hi. I'd greatly appreciate any help / advice anybody could give me on the following issue.

I previously had a Force 516S which was able to be connected to 2 TV's in the house to allow us to watch French channels via the Bis package at 5 W on either TV.

Due to the 516 getting a bit unreliable and not being HD, we recently purchased an Icecrypt S4000 from a well known UK supplier. I thought that this would be more than enough for our needs given that it seems to be at the cutting edge of the market.

I have had it professionally installed but try as he might, the installer cannot figure out a way to get the output to connect to the two TV's hence we cannot get the French channels on the second TV, just the main one. He has said that there is no co axial output on the receiver ( which to be honest doesn't mean a lot to me ! ) and has contacted the Icecrypt tech helpdesk. Their only suggestion was to get a set of leads approx 10m long that have the white / red / yellow connectors at both ends ( sorry don't know the correct name for them ! ) to connect to the two TV's to each other, thus transmitting the French channels to the second TV.

The cabling is already in place to connect the receiver to the secondary TV but doing it the way they've suggested seems like a hell of a lot of work for something that I would have thought should be relatively simple. I would have thought that when such a new receiver was designed somebody would have taken it into consideration that 2 Tv's may be connected to the receiver !!

Main TV is a Samsung UE46D5520
Second TV is LG 21 inch wall mounted ( sorry dont have the main details but it's about 1y old ) approx 10m between the two TV's
Receiver Icecrypt S4000HD
DVD player LG DVD HD

Many thanks if anybody out there can figure out an easy way to sort this problem out for me.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can get a cheap RF modulator, connect it using a scart lead, or composite leads, then feed it to your other televison using a coax cable.
An even cheaper method is to use an old Video recorder, or DVD recorder, with a RF output, connect your receiver to that, again using a scart lead, then run the RF out to your second television, a lot of older video, and DVD, recorders are being thrown awa due to a lack of a digital tuner.

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
RF Mod required as above and as far as I am aware you cannot output in HD & SD at the same time on Icecrypt Receivers( HDMI & SCART), only way to do it is to change the video resolution to 576i then you will get a picture on the 2nd TV via an RF Mod connected to SCART Output.

This means you can view on the main TV at the same time though the resolution is lower. Its pain.......!