• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Idiots Guide Needed

ciaran

hi all,

sittin in the pub one day i realised, that if i had a hangover and couldnt go to the pub to watch saturday footie wouldnt it be good to have it available in the house.

im now on a mission to do this. the only thing is i know nothing about satellites.

from the limited research ive done....i have decided to get the new force STB with the 2 CI cams and the conax and viacess cams.

thats where im lost. i know i have to get some kind of generic card and program it.

but the question is -----what kind of card do i get and how do i go about programming it.

also what is the craic with hex files?

i know this will all be childsplay to you genuises out there............so ill thank you all in advance.

help very much appreciated.

loftyj

Do-not watch football myself, but as far as the Cams are concerned I think you may be better of with one of the newer all singing all dancing ( well nearly) Cams like Dragon or MR these seem to clear a number of channels carring football.
Use dragon cam myself Cam and Dynamite programmer for same cost me £135 from one of the den sponcers. It clears a load of channels including film ect:, with out the need of a card apart from the loader card that is supplied with it. You need as large a motorised dish as you can get away with to take full advantage of this hoby.