My Satellite Setup
Metabox 3 ; DM500s
0.6m Elsat Lnb Ku-band
1.0m.Dual KU Band LNB
3.1m K-Tronix Mesh Gospell C-band + Kombined KU LNB 4 way Diseq Switch
My Location
25'40'32S. 28'14'5E
Morning Friends,

I recently bought a DM500s.What a lovely machine!
So far i have loaded a new image,set up streaming through VLC,and got it to wake me up in the mornings!

I have read the guide on here fro Noob`s,but it seems like i just dont quite get it!

Would someone please be so kind,as to answer some of my questions?

1.I have read that you put the .TAR file in the temp folder of the box.From there it can be installed from the Blue button.
2.When i press the blue button,i cant see the cam that i`am trying to install?
3.After you guys help me install the cam,please be so kind as to guide me where to put the respactavie keys and program files.

I have tried following the guide on Dreambo*world,(having a look where the program files go)but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Cliff Notes :please help me install a cam(any cam will be ok for me)and get it working!

Thanks for reading!

Karis

dago

Reaction score
hi m8; first thing is to get hold of a program called dcc, so that you
can ftp to dreambox; download the keys from one of the other sites,
unpacked them, with dcc ftp to the temp folder or click on var,
you will see a folder keys and another scce, just ftp to it.

regards.

kmcee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7000
humax 5400 technomate 1500 triax 110cm techno 2200 h to h motor
My Location
ireland
remember not to unzip the .tar file when u download it ftp it to the temp directory as is. also standard file transfer of keys have to be unziped to a folder first which go in the var directory in to subfolders 1.keys 2.scce

cheers
kmcee

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
Hi karism,
When you say you can't see the cam from the blue button, I assume you have scrolled down to 'addons' and then 'manual install'. If so then I would say the file you have put in 'var/tmp' is not in '.tar.gz' format. Have you tried to unzipping it once to see if there is a .tar.gz inside, if not you could try unzipping it fully and see if it has folders inside like 'var' for example, and ftp the files individually to their respective folders.
The best/easiest way to install emus is via the images download panel, I would reccomend trying to set up the internet connection for this.

Regards,
Ollie

karism

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Metabox 3 ; DM500s
0.6m Elsat Lnb Ku-band
1.0m.Dual KU Band LNB
My Location
25'40'32S. 28'14'5E
Halo Guys!

Thanks very much.

Sheeshh,i feel like a real idiot.I didnt know that it should NOT be unzipped before putting it in the /temp folder.

Thanks!!!!!

*Edit* I will give it a try as soon as work is over,and report back

Karis

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
yeah, what you have to remember is tar files are linux tape files, they are not in windows format. Luckily such programs as winrar will open linux tape files and all the dreambox does is uncompress these tape files into the correct folders.

You can however unzip them onto your windows machine and then put the files in the correct folder yourself, whichever suits really.

You may now get an understanding about what tar, tar.bz, tar.bz2 etc. files are.

karism

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Metabox 3 ; DM500s
0.6m Elsat Lnb Ku-band
1.0m.Dual KU Band LNB
My Location
25'40'32S. 28'14'5E
Yeeehaaa!I installed some software,and it works!

I dowloaded in Picture in picture feature,installed it,and it works!Yipppeee!!

Thanks for all the help guys.I installed some keys as well,and will check them tomorrow.(I have to connect to the other sat setup in the house before i can check)