I'm loving it !

Rauland

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.35m dish, double 0.3 db LNB, skydigibox pace ds430n, ftv card, samsung receiver ds100F.
My Location
Spain
Hello,

I recently moved from the UK to southern Spain, and ever since have been asking myself if it was possible to see all the british channels from here.

Well, after quite a bit of investigating, I got myself a 1.35 m dish, 0.3 db LNB, bought a sky digibox pace DS430N and a FTV card, and to muy surprise I can see all the english channels! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The thing is, as I have read some posts on the board, how long will this free to view go on for? ITV2,3,4, channels 4 etc,..:(

Also the extra chanels , channel 4 has, like E4, film four , more 4, they seem really good and interesting! but as I'm living abroad I can't suscribe to them . I know this has been asked many times before, but is there any other alternative,...;)

By the way, only at certain hours of the day I lose channel 5, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Rauland.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The thing is, as I have read some posts on the board, how long will this free to view go on for? ITV2,3,4, channels 4 etc,..:(

ITV are clear - you should get them now. C4 & C5 are encrypted until 2008 at the earliest, although a 20 quid freesatfromsky card will give you C4 C5 & Sky3.

Also the extra chanels , channel 4 has, like E4, film four , more 4, they seem really good and interesting! but as I'm living abroad I can't suscribe to them . I know this has been asked many times before, but is there any other alternative,...;)

No - you want them = you pay for them.

If you have the right equipment you can "card share" with someone who has a suitable subscription. Details are on the forum, but once you get your head round the idea be advised dont solicit for cardshares on this forum.

By the way, only at certain hours of the day I lose channel 5, any suggestions?

A common problem in Spain. Put a bigger dish up.

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
Hi,, you can subscribe to the contract channels, there are two ways that I know of
1) Arrange subscription thru UK address and UK bank account with SKY, use phone with number sending off and dont give sky a phone no, just tell then you only have a mobile (Make out like you are living in the UK, important that the address you use does not already have a Sky contract, So use an A or B address), then get card forwarded to you and when you receive the card put into your box, Phone up Sky from Spain, or wherever using a mobile with own number sending off and make like your in the UK and get card activated. do this at a time of day when signal is best, IE late AM Spanish time! (If you screw this up Sky just wont activate the contract!!)
2) Get a No UK address subscription thru an agent, this is quite expensive, as there are set up charges, which are 80€ for the card, then £100 plus for first month, then monthly charge at Sky rates thereafter,. No UK address required, but they will need a bank account or credit card number, UK or Spanish., Then any changes to the contract are charged at about 30€!!
Surprised you lose CH5, would have thought CH4 would be more suspect in Late afternoons,, and ITV in early AM late PM??