In need of a new freeview Aerial

claytonstarbar

Reaction score
Hi been some time since i was last on here, im looking for a new aerial for my freeview tv & pvr, im in the Crystal Palace area & i think i need a group A aerial, should i go for this or a wideband & whats a good make, thanks for any help & advice you can give.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Where abouts are you, as your distance from the transmitter will be a major factor in choice of antenna.

I use wideband aerials for most installations now, as there is only a marginal difference in performance between a group antenna and a wideband.

claytonstarbar

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply rolf,multimap says im 21mls from Crystal Palace if that helps ?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Televes DAT45 or DAT75 if you are in a very low signal spot.

Rgds

L.:)

aerialview

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorized. Diablo 2.3 lite cam with cas3 interface.
My Location
Lancashire
Don't waste your money on a DAT45 or 75 pal.

If you have the option to chimney mount the aerial and money is tight then try a RX20WB by antiference.
Make sure you choose a mast that will give you good line of sight (make sure your aerial is higher than the neighbours by at least 2ft) and use good quality coax cable.
If this doesn't do the job then you have the option to add a masthead amplifier and power unit and that will get you in business.
Total spend aerial + masthead amp = £15.
Good luck and remember to becareful on the roof.
Health and Safety is 'no accident'.