In run info??

Dustbinlid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD
My Location
Yorkshire
You liked that Grand National gag eh, like new york, so good they named it twice.:p

There wasnt really anything there that I didnt know, like I said Ive been around that side a while. However maybe then Ill go with your approach if you are unwilling to deal with this privately.

1-I understand the use of 'CW finder' is based on a computer with a Twinhan DST satellite card rather than using a 4:2:2 reciever, what exactly is it and how do you use it?
2-What tsreader?
3-What satallite would '1 West' be and is it normal for the channel to be on there used as a 'Back up' (or is this likely to be your reference about the feed being sent to 2 different satalittes?)

A nonymous

Reaction score
We get asked the same questions like the ones your asking all the time, with offers of money and all sorts. Unfortunately like Analoguesat we don't have the time or the inclination to get involved.

If people on the forum want to help you all well and good, but the majority of moderators here aren't interested so its pointless aiming questions at us :eek:

You will need to look at this thread here and then go from there i'm afraid.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...tion/151873-basic-s~i~s-run-betting-info.html

Have a look at _www.lyngsat.com to find out the satellite info you require.

:-beer

Nano

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hey why waste a good gag only using it once when you can slip it in twice :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
To be honest mate if you want the S~I~S feeds for your in run betting you need to shell out for the S~I~S equipment or find someone to sell you the info for the keys used on the feeds - which from what I understood wasnt much less than paying for the official domestic installation in the fiorst place over the course of a year.

One tip you could try - have a look around the back of any closed bookies you find - I know of someone who recently picked up a discarded satellite receiver from a bin outside a bankrupt bookies and discovered it was a PowerVu box & still authorised for the S~I~S channels on Sirius 4! :-rofl2

The gee gee feeds used to be carried on an elderly satellite parked out at 20W. However shes now so heavily inclined (wobbling off station north and south in a figure 8 pattern) that I have no idea if the feeds are still there.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Doesnt surprise me - the 20W bird is about knackered.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The Eutelsat 1F5 wobbler at 21.5E was my favourite back in the early 90s. Plenty of S i S link racing activity on that one. Up and down the garden to adjust the dish - usually got about an hour of steady signal in the afternoon before needing to.

Used to set my Echostar SR50's audio to Thommo (he of CH4 racing) clearing his throat for ten minutes before the off :-rofl2

Llew

Dustbinlid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD
My Location
Yorkshire
Ok, well theres still something of a learning curve that I have to address whatever I decide to do.

Now firstly, in reference to the whole approach, many people look upon these actions as shall we say 'lacking integritty' and people choose not to get involved. (however a point which I still cant get my head around is what the whole culture of 'sat hobbying' is all about if it isnt getting something for nothing. Why are there so many 'independent' systems etc when if you want a channel then you can go to the official supplier of that channel and they will make sure you can get it?) The belief that the likes of me are trying to get an advantage over others is simply incorrect. I have been on the wrong side of a time delay for 6-7 years and would love an equal playing field. The likes of me are not in it for the advantage but to negate the disadvantage, they are 2 very different things.
Yes buying SIS is and option (but TurfTv not so as im not a bookies) , however what you are forgetting is the fact that RAW SIS users and code breakers DO exist and these people are negating the issue of purchasing the correct license as pointless.
Now a quirey...is it a correct assumption to suggest that the 'end product' (the delivery point satallite for the likes of SIS to its' paying public) remains the same as the dish seems fixed pointing at one point. That would indicate that any pictures that are found elsewhere are likely to be the encrypted or otherwise, raw version and therefore with less delay?

Dustbinlid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD
My Location
Yorkshire
Annalogesat's comment
"The SIS channels are transmitted on Sirius 4 at 5E, and are transmitted in an ultra secure encryption called PowerVu. Theres no way whatsoever to hack this open so dont bother asking!"

I only just saw this, I had not intension of asking so I hope that wasnt directed at me, Im here for the setup/concept advice. I have to say I disagree entirely however with your sentiment that its an impossible code, its a fallacy,there is always a reverse engineering way in-likely algorithms, if there is a worthy cause (noteably money) then the codes will always get cracked (and clearly you dont know how much money there is) the Bletchley Park crew will be spinning in their graves:cool:

Dustbinlid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyHD
My Location
Yorkshire
sincere appologies Analoguesat for the miss-spelling, it wasnt freudian I promise:-Nooo

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Dustbinlid said:
I have to say I disagree entirely however with your sentiment that its an impossible code, its a fallacy,there is always a reverse engineering way in-likely algorithms, if there is a worthy cause (noteably money) then the codes will always get cracked (and clearly you dont know how much money there is) the Bletchley Park crew will be spinning in their graves:cool:

It is quite obvious do not know what you are talking about and do not understand the subtleties of the various different encryption systems in use today. Powervu is not governed and controlled the same way as other encryption systems are so your comment holds about as much water as a sieve. No amount of money or reverse engineering is going to get you unauthorised access to view, unless you have the ability to hack the powervu network servers, which I know you cannot. As I have already said give it up before wasting any more time

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dustbinlid said:
sincere appologies Analoguesat for the miss-spelling, it wasnt freudian I promise:-Nooo

:D Ive been called far worse than Annalogesat over the years