Incorrect audio from RF Out

C

Coca-Cooper

A weird one!

Amstrad DRX400 Digibox connected to my TV via the SCART Cable - No Problems!

A second decoder (Strong 4100 - for BBC Prime) connected to the Digibox through the VCR SCART socket on the Digibox. So far, no problems, I just turn on the BBC Prime decoder and I can watch (and hear) everything on my TV.

BUT:

If I connect a coax cable to either RF-1 Out or RF-2 Out so that I can watch the channel on a second TV this is what happens:

- Turning on the Strong Decoder, I see the picture for BBC Prime on the second TV, but the audio is whatever is playing on SKY. On my main (SCART) TV I see BBC Prime Picture AND audio

- Turning off the Strong Decoder, SKY channels play fine (correct picture and audio)

It seems like the RF curcuit recognises a change in signal source only for the video, but not the audio.

I've used the {Service,4,0,1} menu to change the RF channel, but no luck.

Any ideas?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Try going into digibox menu and turning off scart control,and if there is a secind scart socket on your strong try that one

C

Coca-Cooper

zorba said:
Try going into digibox menu and turning off scart control,and if there is a secind scart socket on your strong try that one

Thanks Zorba, but still no results.

My Strong Box has three SCART sockets on the back (TV, AUX and VCR), but only the TV socket appears to output any signal.

Also, after fiddling around the back of the Strong Box, found out it's a a 4300 not 4100 D'oh!

Do you think it's a "software issue" on the Digibox??

Operating System: 1.2S4Bq
EPG Software Ver: 3.1a.6

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
This sounds like a priority problem with the TV, the audio through the SCART is taking priority over anything that runs RF.

Which TV is it ?

C

Coca-Cooper

Channel Hopper said:
This sounds like a priority problem with the TV, the audio through the SCART is taking priority over anything that runs RF.

Which TV is it ?

Sony KV-32FQ80

I tried disconnecting the SCART from the Digibox going to the TV. Still the same problem happens on the second (RF) TV.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, let me get this right, do you have the Strong receiver in the RF loop, or is it purely connected via the scart to the digibox?

C

Coca-Cooper

Strong Receiver connected to the Digibox via the SCART.

Coax connected to the Digibox.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strange, the only thing that should leave the RF outlet is anything introduced into the RF loopthrough and the picture/audio of whatever is showing on the digibox itself, but not anything that is connected by scart. Sounds like some sort of bleed over.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
So ,if you switch off the digibox,the bbc prime sound comes back?

C

Coca-Cooper

zorba said:
So ,if you switch off the digibox,the bbc prime sound comes back?

If I switch off the Digibox, no audio or video is sent from the RF outputs. For the scart TV I can watch (see and hear) BBC Prime if the Digibox is first turned off.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I may be grasping entirely the wrong end of the stick here, but are you saying that you want to be able to watch BBC Prime from the Strong, through the 2nd RF output of the digibox, but with only the scart connection from the Strong and no RF connection between the two?

C

Coca-Cooper

Yes.

To recap . . . . . . . .

Strong connected to the Digibox with a just Scart cable. Digibox connected to two TVs:

- One via Scart (Both SKY and BBC Prime work fine, ie picture and audio)

- One via the RF Out (SKY works fine, but BBC Prime has the audio of SKY)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That's what I thought, in which case BBC Prime shouldn't actually work at all on the RF out, the digibox is not designed to work like that. To see the picture and video from the Strong via the RF out, you will need to loop the Strong RF through the digibox.

C

Coca-Cooper

CONFIRMED!!

Just swapped my Amstrad with a mate's Panasonic DSB-20 and now only SKY works on the RF Out TV (regardless if the Strong box is turned on and showing BBC Prime on the Scart TV).

Panasonic:
O/S: 1.2S4Bq
EPG: 3.1.a.5

Amstrad
O/S: 1.2S4Bq
EPG: 3.1.a.6

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
What if you bypass the digibox,eg connect the rf in and out leads together?just to confirm the strong is okay.

C

Coca-Cooper

The Strong box is fine, as it used to supply both a Scart and second (RF) TV before I got the Digibox

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
I give up.Let us know if you sort it out,its got me baffled.I've got to be there to try and work it out. :(