Initialise Mrev Cam.

MrFreeze

Reaction score
Hi all

My Mrev is only recognised and work if I initialise it in a other receiver every time i update firmware i have to to this, if not my receiver (NOKIA 210s) only recognise the cam if is there a mr firmware in.

Isn't there a way to initialise the cam with a CAS2?

It must be possible to do with a specific software you don't think?, i tknow that some humax users are in the same case

Harman

Reaction score
MrFreeze said:
Hi all

My Mrev is only recognised and work if I initialise it in a other receiver every time i update firmware i have to to this, if not my receiver (NOKIA 210s) only recognise the cam if is there a mr firmware in.

It must be possible to do with a specific software you don't think?, i tknow that some humax users are in the same case

Hello,

I have Cas2 but even with that I cannot initialize my MR cam, loaded with either mr or mrv. The sure way by which I always initialize my cam is by using my laptop. Only then does my cam initialize.

Harman

MrFreeze

Reaction score
Thank you Harman, i will search on the net for the price of a pcmcia controler but it may be expensive just for inti. a module :'-(

Edit: approx 40€ and not sure that it will work perfectly :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can use it to flash the CAM as well, much easier.

alay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5300
88 motor dish
With regard to my other post, my humax 5300 does not recognise my mrev cam.

I have cas2 interface
I also have a laptop with pc slots

Can anyone give me some hints on action to take

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
MrFreeze said:
Hi all

I initialise it after upgrading it with cas 2 by,,,1st before you take it out of receiver switch to a FTA station & Power off the receiver. Then when upgraded Put it back in and it auto does it when receiver powers on. Thought this was well known. Havent done it for a while but nearly sure this is how you do it. Works for me with MR & Technomate tm8000 CI MC.

MrFreeze

Reaction score
Thanks but it never work for me :'(

I have buy a pci to pcmcia controler card but now, i can't make it work...

i always have a yellow "!" in system proprieties when i have installed the dreammagic.sys, windows error code 10, fisrt i think that it appear to be an hardware conflict then i have tried to change pci slots but in others, the cam is never recognised by windows XP, on my motherboard the only pci slot i use is shared with embended network adapter and by disable it in MB bios it is not better

this pcmcia adapter is 8 16 32bit compatible but i think that it force the cam to be used at 32bit, also in mrpcmcia.zip it's say that cardbus in not good and for MR (Mrev too?) PCIC is ok but when i try to force install the intel PCIC as it suggested in the doc the system get me a bad blue screen and reboot...

Any idea?

please excuse me, my english is very bad