install thought

georgia_grrl

Reaction score
thought i'd put this in a seperate thread, as this thought has just occured to me.

one of my neighbours (flat roofed terraced house) has a sky minidish installed at near roof level. i knwo it's pointed at 28.2 e, ,so, if i were ot make a large wedge of wood or card, with an angle on it of 29 degrees, and use her dish as a reference, then translate the resulting angle back to my dish, i would be aligned with 1 W, right? (it's late, i'm drunk so this may be totally useless)

i might give that a shot tomorrow if the weather is ok, and i can be bothered cutting a big lump of wood.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
OK as a reference to start. :)

Are you on T & K Brkts ? if so get another 'U' clamp and put on above the bottom Brckt to take the weight as you move about, then tighten the T & K 'Us' when you are on beam. Takes away all the hard work.;)

L

georgia_grrl

Reaction score
good idea lancelot, i'll grab another u bolt before i start :) its on a kit lashed to a chimneystack, it's not ideal, but its somethign for now, the tree in my road is a bit of a pin, but its apparently diseased anyway, so i might be able to move the dish late rin the year if they cut it down.