Install USB 3G / HSDPA modem on Dreambox

umx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dream
My Location
net
The idea is to install USB 3G / HSDPA modem on a dreambox 7xx+ in order to get internet acess on your Dream. Anyone tried that is possible at all, if so how to do that? (modem linux drivers are available)

oskreso

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 HD
My Location
Croatia
anyone? I have a DM 800 and have the same problem

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
I have an idea, and this should work, but I have not tried it myself, but am saying it on the premise that your dreambox is able to receive wifi, by whatever means, i.e. usb stick.

You could use a device like the mifi (google it), to create a personal area wifi hotpot using your 3g sim to connect to the mobile network. Then just configure your dreambox to connect to it and it should in theory work.

Would be good to hear from anyone who has tried this.

moelikepie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
iMac 20".
Custom HTPC.
DM800 HD.
Full Sky HD Irish Package.
My Location
ireland
i use one of these

_http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pl1_id=1&pl2_id=2&pl3_id=170&pd_id=330

the 3G stick plugs into it and then an ethernet cable connects it to the dreambox. the speed is generally ok

adam

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&Cams&Cas
My Location
Ireland
Hi, any of the European routers, or better, routers with European firmware will be able to use 3G USB dongles. I can certainly confirm this for the D-Link (DIR 655, 825) or the Netgear equivalent devices but I'm sure that other brands will as well. The USB port on these switches are configurable for Share (network HDD/Printers) or 3G; some even have WCN which is a Windows configurable drive. The speed strictly depends on the dongle and the service from your provider