Installer in Berkshire?

Sc00bs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Multiroom, Thomson Sky + and Pace 2600
My Location
Berkshire
My sky 2600c1 receiver is playing up in the bedroom, keeps on saying no satellite signal.

Can anyone resolve this? i have a sky multiroom, so the sky+ is downstairs and working fine, but the sky upstairs is doing my head in!!!

I'm just outside Wokingham

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try your Pace on the downstairs connection first, as it may well be the receiver, it is quite old.

Sc00bs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
just tried it downstairs and the unit works fine, put it back upstairs and not signal!!

the cable for upstairs comes from the dish into the loft and where it was originally in one bedroom, it has a female - female connection and an extention cable to the new bedroom, but i have checked the unit on the original part of the cable and still nothing. I've also bought new extention cables and female plugs incase that was faulty and still nothing!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That leaves you with the original cable run from the LNB, or the LNB itself, as possible causes.

Can you get to the LNB easily?

If so, remove one of the leads that currently feed the Sky+ Box and move the offending one across to that Port.

If it now works, then your LNB is faulty (a cheap and simple job to change) and if it doesn't then you have narrowed the search area to the cable itself (check for physical damage eg caused by abrasion) and try refitting the F Connector from scratch.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you say Female plugs, do you mean "F" connectors, or standard coax plugs? Is the extension cable a standard TV cable?

Sc00bs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
i've just been playing around with the LNB conections and so fat, it seems to be working at the moment. When i get a chance, i'll run a new cable from the LNB and also get a new LNB.

If i get stuck, i'll give you a call, but fingers crossed it will stay ok for a while at least

thanks