damon33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S
Laptop
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi newbie here,
Have read many posts about networking Dreambox and cams etc but still having problems.
I connect to internet using my mobile phone and connect to DB using a crossover ethernet cable. I can transfer files between PC and DB but not connect DB to internet.
I have downloaded and installed Gemini 4.3.1 and am trying to install cccam 2.0.8. when I press the blue button or goto blue panel the DB just seems to reset (black screen then restarts).
Any idea if I can manually put the files from cccam in the relevent files, if so which ones where?
Many thanks for your help.
Damon

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

If you download the CCcam as .tar file, FTP it complete (do not unzip or unrar it) into /tmp and do a manual install from the Blue Panel.

But if your Dreambox crashes when you open the Blue Panel I suggest you reflash your box (is it a genuine Dreambox?).

damon33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S
Laptop
My Location
United Kingdom
The file I downloaded was a zip file. I will look around for a.tar file, or can I just change the extension?
Can I just drag and drop the file using Windows explorer or do I need to use a special ftp program?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You can use Internet Explorer or Firefox to FTP files to your Dreambox.

A .zip won't work- you will have to unzip it and install the individual files manually.

You can download a CCcam 2.0.8 .tar file from here: _http://rapidshare.com/files/109896311/e1-CCcam_2.0.8_080227.tar.gz.html

damon33

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S
Laptop
My Location
United Kingdom
have reinstalled Gemini and downloaded and installed cam, all good so far.
Thank you all very much for the help. Greatly appreciated!!
Damon

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi when i download the above link for CCcam do I ftp all the files in that zip to the var folder in the dreambox? Is there a step by step guide to installing CCcam i have searched the guide but cant find one thanks!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
erukus said:
Hi when i download the above link for CCcam do I ftp all the files in that zip to the var folder in the dreambox? Is there a step by step guide to installing CCcam i have searched the guide but cant find one thanks!

No.
Which extension did you have after unzipping the *.zip file?
You should leave as *.tar something, upload it to /tmp and from the blue button do a manual install and the box will do the rest.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
It is a winrar file when I extract it It gives me 9 files .ppc .x86 .mipsel .cfg .eabi .armeb. OK sorry have found the .tar file now my bad Thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It isn't a winrar file but it shows up as one because it has a file extension associated with winrar. FTP the complete file to /tmp as per post #2