Installing new receiver.

bri-sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
force 1144 receiver, 80cm dish, 0.3 lnb, cryptic motor.
My Location
Manchester
hi,
I want to disconnect the receiver i have now & install a new one (technomate 7755) to work with my current 80cm dish & motor set-up.
Do i need to reset the motor or do i just connect it up & set USALS on the technomate?? Any advice will be gratefully received.
thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For ease of setup, just send it to zero/reference point with the old receiver and then connect the new one.

bri-sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
thanks rolfw,
so no need to reset the motor then?
also, have u heard of any compatibility problems between motors & receivers or should all diseqc motors work with any receiver?
thanks

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
bri-sat said:
thanks rolfw,
so no need to reset the motor then?
also, have u heard of any compatibility problems between motors & receivers or should all diseqc motors work with any receiver?
thanks

There are some compatibility problems with some receivers i have experienced if you are using USALS.

So be sure to get a receiver that is licensed for USALS, you see that by checking the receivers front panel for the USALS logo or in their specification.

bri-sat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Manchester
hi likvid,
the technomate 7755 is definately compatible with USALS, i'm more worried about the motor i'm using (cryptic h-h motor) . I'm hoping its compatible with the technomate, i dont know if it is because i never see that motor mentioned on these forums...