Intelsat 22 @ 72 East

Captain Jack

Retired human
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
According to FlySat (but not KingOfSat and Lyngsat), there's a test transponder on Intelsat 22 -http://www.flysat.com/is22.php

Any luck on this transponder (aceb)? Not at home at the moment to try and won't be until Sunday.
 
That's below my visible horizon CJ (well, actually the bush about 5 doors along the road) but I'll give Mike a call, he can see that low but it depends if it's strong enough for his 85cm. Just noticed it's 16APSK, his Prof won't resolve that in DVB software but it should lock in EBS and see the peak in CS.
 
I scanned this transponder a week ago, it locks with an SNR of ~12 dB. It carries a video/audio signal but I have no idea how to decode it, I only get blockies and distorted sound. There was a card at first, and I managed to get a snapshot, but now nothing but blocks.
 
News just in.... I've just had a message from Mike to say that EBS (using Trick APSK) reports the following on his Prof 8000 card. At -39dBm it's only just locking but then he's only using my old 85cm mesh dish and the weather is lousy this evening. I've lost all 30.5E signals due to low cloud and heavy rain so not exactly ideal DX conditions.

Freq 12644.660,
SR 27999,
Pol Horizontal,
Mod DVB-S2/16APSK,
Spectrum Normal,
FEC 3/4,
RollOff 0.35,
Pilot on,
CodeMode CCM,
RF -39 dBm,
SNR 2.3 dB,
Carrier 37.799 Mhz,
BitRate 83.437 Mbit/s,
 
Thanks all! Will try this when I get home on my 85cm Penta. Elevation of only 0.8 degrees will be a challenge!
 
Have found another active Tp here...
(from EBS) Freq 12605.915, SR 3595, Pol Horizontal, Mod DVB-S2/32APSK, Spectrum Inverted, FEC 3/4, RollOff 0.35, Pilot on, CodeMode CCM, RF -39 dBm, SNR 3.8 dB, Carrier 4.854 Mhz, BitRate 13.373 Mbit/s, CR+LF
Presumably data or beyond the parameters of my Prof card
 
mikefal said:
Have found another active Tp here...
(from EBS) Freq 12605.915, SR 3595, Pol Horizontal, Mod DVB-S2/32APSK, Spectrum Inverted, FEC 3/4, RollOff 0.35, Pilot on, CodeMode CCM, RF -39 dBm, SNR 3.8 dB, Carrier 4.854 Mhz, BitRate 13.373 Mbit/s, CR+LF Presumably data or beyond the parameters of my Prof card

My F15 can't lock it .
 
Back
Top