interactive services

pgleeson

Regular Member
Messages
31
Likes
0
My Location
Poland
#1
Here in Warsaw, when watching s*y sports, I never seem able to access the interactive services, for example, choose which champions league game I wanna watch.

Any ideas why? Setup wise, I have a sky+ pace box, latest epg software (although the problem existed with my old pace box too). Naturally not connected to phone line.

Thanks
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,734
Likes
8,385
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#2
You will probably find they are transmitted on the 2D satellite.. Do you get the BBC channels?
 

pgleeson

Regular Member
Messages
31
Likes
0
My Location
Poland
#3
Analoguesat said:
You will probably find they are transmitted on the 2D satellite.. Do you get the BBC channels?
That seems like a reasonable, but disappointing, explanation. With a 90cm dish, I don't get bbc, and no space for the 3 metre dish required for 2d!!

Does anyone have a list of which satellites s*y uses? It seems odd that they would use 2d.

Thanks
 

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Messages
4,305
Likes
5
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
#4
pgleeson said:
Does anyone have a list of which satellites s*y uses? It seems odd that they would use 2d.
The BBC channels are Free-to-air off Astra 2D co-located with the other Astra satellites that S*y use.

The BBC transponders they use have footprints that are focused on the UK.

BBC are not part of S*y but you can receive them with a S*y box and any Free-to-air receiver provided you are in the footprint.

Hope this helps.

If you want a list of all channels at 28.2 East check here...
 

pgleeson

Regular Member
Messages
31
Likes
0
My Location
Poland
#5
gameboy said:
The BBC channels are Free-to-air off Astra 2D co-located with the other Astra satellites that S*y use.

The BBC transponders they use have footprints that are focused on the UK.

BBC are not part of S*y but you can receive them with a S*y box and any Free-to-air receiver provided you are in the footprint.

Hope this helps.

If you want a list of all channels at 28.2 East check here...
Gameboy, thanks. Am fully aware that BBC has a narrow footprint, so am not interested in BBC. My interest is only whether sky transmits its interactive services on a beam different to that which is broadcasts the main channels.

Interestingly, per this link:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html
at least some of the sports interactive services are on 2a/2b and not on 2d, so I should be able to get them. I can get the skynews interactive services with no problems.

Cheers
 
Messages
1
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird 13, astra 19,2 humax, 1.25 dish
My Location
Greece
#6
pgleeson said:
Gameboy, thanks. Am fully aware that BBC has a narrow footprint, so am not interested in BBC. My interest is only whether sky transmits its interactive services on a beam different to that which is broadcasts the main channels.

Interestingly, per this link:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.html
at least some of the sports interactive services are on 2a/2b and not on 2d, so I should be able to get them. I can get the skynews interactive services with no problems.

Cheers
My guess is that half of the Xtra interactive is on 2D and the other half that is receivable cannot go through as half....I have the same issue and I think that the champions league multiscreen is on 2D but I don't think anyone is really savvy to know...
 

yan75

Regular Member
Messages
65
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish, Pace 2600, 0.5dB universal quad Invacom LNB (Limassol)
4.2m dish Pace 2600 0.3dB universal quad invacom LNB. (Larnaca)
Slingbox HD.
My Location
Cyprus Limassol
#8
Analoguesat said:
Sky Sports Interactive uses tp 56 on 2D at least some of the time.
Is that one of the tp's that is impossible to get in Cyprus even with a huge dish?

Yan
 

ax197

Regular Member
Messages
48
Likes
0
#9
Based on the fact that there is no more available capacity on 2D and under the assumption that ITV and BBC will have to use most of 2D’s capacity (due to the tight footprint), I believe that there might be a chance we get the interactive channels from 2A/2B
 
Top