Reaction score
Website
www.irandvb.info
My Satellite Setup
DVB Standards
My Location
Sorrow-Land
Dear Mate,

would you please to inform us that , is there any possibility to use the SkyStar HD2 USB - DVB-S2 for receiveing the internet from S2 internet provider?

any comment will be highly appreciated.

B.Regards.

ARTMehr

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
artmehr said:
Dear Mate,

would you please to inform us that , is there any possibility to use the SkyStar HD2 USB - DVB-S2 for receiveing the internet from S2 internet provider?

any comment will be highly appreciated.

B.Regards.

ARTMehr

Hello Artmehr,

It is rather difficult to give you a satisfactory answer, as you don't say your location or which satellites your dish is pointing to.
If you are in Europe, then your best bet is Astra 19.2E.
But if you are in the ME or Asia, then Astra 19.2E is not possible to catch without a very latge dish.
This leaves you with only Hot Bird 13E and Eurobird 9E.
I am only guessing that you are not asking to subscribe to a satellite internet provider, but you want to download free stuff that might not be possible because of specific country laws restrictions.
Suggest to do a search of the forum and follow the leads.
Here is one such post:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...ternet-satellite/126648-offline-download.html
As you can see, I didn't have any luck with Skygrabber.
Hope that you get better results.
When you get results, let us know if there are any Mpeg4 stuff.
Good luck :)

artmehr

Destiny
Reaction score
Website
www.irandvb.info
My Satellite Setup
DVB Standards
My Location
Sorrow-Land
Dear HB13DISH,

So many thank for your kindly advices,

with the Skystar 1/2 there are several satellite internet services for receive only ( online & offline)and the software and drivers of them let you to do it to receive DATA & TV channels, but the SkyStar HD2 USB - DVB-S2 as in the catalog, can not receive DATA but I think that it can be done because now with the Skynet S/W and mentioned hardware the offline download is working very well, But I need to use it for online internet one-way receiving and it need some other software and driver to patch it to work over DATA.

Hope that i can clarify my mention.

Sincerely yours.
ARTMehr

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
artmehr said:
Dear HB13DISH,

with the Skystar 1/2 there are several satellite internet services for receive only ( online & offline)and the software and drivers of them let you to do it to receive DATA & TV channels, but the SkyStar HD2 USB - DVB-S2 as in the catalog, can not receive DATA but I think that it can be done because now with the Skynet S/W and mentioned hardware the offline download is working very well, But I need to use it for online internet one-way receiving and it need some other software and driver to patch it to work over DATA.

Sincerely yours.
ARTMehr

Can you tell us which satellites are you pointing to?
If you are receiving any data files, it would help other members if you can give a short tutorial on how do you do it and which software to use.
What is the Skynet S/W and where to get it?
Which transponders have these data and their frequencies?
Any on Hot Bird 13E?
Thanks. :)

artmehr

Destiny
Reaction score
Website
www.irandvb.info
My Satellite Setup
DVB Standards
My Location
Sorrow-Land
Dear HB13DISH,

Find satellite info as attached.

SkyNet URL: h**p://dvb4u.persiangig.ir/internet%20Off-line/

It must be install over ProgDVB

What about my question ?

:confused;)

Attachments

• W6.JPG
    W6.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 146

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
artmehr said:
Dear HB13DISH,

Sincerely yours.
ARTMehr

Hello ARTMehr,

Thanks for the link. Can be helpful to other members.
I am not sure what kind of help are you expecting.
The company on 11,449V offers internet services.
If you are a subscriber, then they should be able to give you support.
If you are not a subscriber, then I really don't see how you can use their services. Surely they have invested a lot of efforts so that no one can use the services without payment. :confused

artmehr

Destiny
Reaction score
Website
www.irandvb.info
My Satellite Setup
DVB Standards
My Location
Sorrow-Land
Dear HB13DISH,

I have not any problem about subscription, I only need a software, patch, Driver or anything else to use SkyStar HD2 USB - DVB-S2 fir online downlink.

B.Regards
ARTMehr