Invacom Quad LNB Setup

garyward22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 1.2m
My Location
Spain
Hi,

Im in S Spain and just bought Invacom Quad QTH-031 LNB (advised it was best) to replace my Grundig dual LNB for Sky digital. Thought it would be easy to swap over but I get no signal form the Invacom (connected to each of the four outputs all the same - no signal) Should this be a simple straight swap or should I be making any other adjustments to LNB setup on receiver? I have a Sony and Panasonic receiver but neither work with Invacom.

The dish is a Triax 1.2m - when i put the Grundig back all is OK.

The only thing I see on the bottom of the LNB is an earth sign - does this have to be earthed? Should I be using any of the four outputs for better reception? Would I need to change the are for the LNB? I have had several LNBs over the years and previously they have all worked in the same setup?

The reason I bought Invacom Quad is that in due course want to go to Sky+

Many thanks for any help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that the QTH-031 http://www.invacom.net/products/qth031.htm is a Quattro LNB, you need a Quad.

The Quattro has one Horizontal Low output, one Horizontal High, one Vertical Low and one Vertical High, they are designed for multiswitches.

garyward22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 1.2m
My Location
Spain
Many thanks - I guess this item is not much use now. Is there any way I can use it or is it for some commercial use. I am annoyed with myself as when I looked at the Invacom site I thought the Quad and Quattro seemed to be the same thing.

Thanks for your help.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps the place from which you bought it will swap it over for you.

pete_l

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd se
My Location
S.E. England
I'm in the same situation as Gary - except I've just got my hands on
an Invacom QDF-031. It comes with a page containing 4 graphs
for the noise figure and gain response for each of the 4 ports.
Worryingly, the graphs are labelled
Port1 vert low
Port2 horz low
Port3 vert high
Port4 horz high.

Now, the serial number on this calibration paper matches the serial number
on the LNB, and they're both labelled C120 UNI QUAD.

As rolfw says, vert/horz & high/low were the ports on the quattro, not the
quad.

Now I'm just confused
Pete

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I think the graphs are just a test of the NF and Gain of the low and high bands. Doesn't matter which port they test it on. My Invacom twin LNB is just tested on one port.

Llew

garyward22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 1.2m
My Location
Spain
I have been told that a Multi-switch will enable me to use the Quattro LNB but now I am nervous as I am somewhat out of my depth. The multi-switch is from Germany http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150044965785&rd=1&rd=1. Supposedly this sits between the LNB and receiver. I still don't see that the LNB will work as I could not get any Sky from it. My only thought was when the LNB has all four ports connected then merged into the multi-switch - my receiver would have the full spectrum of outputs - am I correct or down the wrong track!. Thanks all again.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
As most people buy the quad Invacom to enhance rec eption of the weaker Astra 2D signals, you would be better off buying the Quad model than inserting a multiswitch, which must be of similar cost, as they have an insertion loss of 3db or so.

To test if it works, connect only the output which covers the default transponder you are using.

Irishdriver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 1 & 2, Hotbird
My Location
Germany
garyward22 said:
I have been told that a Multi-switch will enable me to use the Quattro LNB but now I am nervous as I am somewhat out of my depth. The multi-switch is from Germany http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=150044965785&rd=1&rd=1. Supposedly this sits between the LNB and receiver. I still don't see that the LNB will work as I could not get any Sky from it. My only thought was when the LNB has all four ports connected then merged into the multi-switch - my receiver would have the full spectrum of outputs - am I correct or down the wrong track!. Thanks all again.

You are basically right, a QUAD LNB is a Quattro LNB with a built in Multiswitch. The German eBay offer is a solution but it means that you need four wires from the LNB to the switch and then power for the switch.

The best option however is to replace the Quattro with a Quad.
QDH-031 rather than QTH-031.
and they are not that much more expensive than the switch.

trygveth

Reaction score
rolfw said:
I believe that the QTH-031 http://www.invacom.net/products/qth031.htm is a Quattro LNB, you need a Quad.

The Quattro has one Horizontal Low output, one Horizontal High, one Vertical Low and one Vertical High, they are designed for multiswitches.

Hi !

If you haven't already sold your Quattro LNB , I'd be interrested to buy it ! I use Quattro lnb's already with great result, sharing all signals independent to 3 pc sat cards and 3 standalone sat tuners.

tt

garyward22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 1.2m
My Location
Spain
Hi, Many thanks. Very interested and happy to sell it - was going to stick it on EBay so would save me some hassle. How do we work it out? my email is *****************.com Look forward to hearing from you!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
May I suggest using PMs rather than giving out e-mail addresses on a public forum? You never know who's gathering e-mail addresses... ;)

garyward22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 1.2m
My Location
Spain
Thanks for that How do I or Can I delete it?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
garyward22 said:
Thanks for that How do I or Can I delete it?

You'll need to ask a moderator to edit or delete your post as the editing grace period has probably passed (but just check to see if you still have an "Edit" button)...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

123_Chris_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 1.9 tdt (Spanish TV) and looking to get a HD receiver.
My Location
Guardamar, Costa Blanca, Spain
Irishdriver said:
You are basically right, a QUAD LNB is a Quattro LNB with a built in Multiswitch. The German eBay offer is a solution but it means that you need four wires from the LNB to the switch and then power for the switch.

The best option however is to replace the Quattro with a Quad.
QDH-031 rather than QTH-031.
and they are not that much more expensive than the switch.

Is the QDH-031, the best LNB there is please ? Also, where's the best (and cheapest) place to buy them in Spain please ?

Navalcarnero

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat
My Location
Spain Madrid
antnetdigital dot com are the distributors in Spain.
Phone then up and have a chat, nice bunch i was around there a couple of weeks ago getting prices on a big 1.5m dish. They seem to know there stuff

There email server has been playing up of late though so it might be better to chat rather than send them a email

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
QDF (quad) is one of the best from all of them ..regards

garyward22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 1.2m
My Location
Spain
I used these pweople quick delivery - still working two years on
ebay 180293822086

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
garyward22 said:
I used these pweople quick delivery - still working two years on
ebay 180293822086

With 38 negative feedbacks in the last month and 15 neutral I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.;)