"Invalid cam" sometimes....is this normal?

msawad

i have MR 1.055 3 days ago , and i already initialized the cam succesfully in my humax 5100 , and watching channels with no problem

BUT SOMETIMES i got a message " invalid cam" and black screen after 6 to 7 hours of keeping the cam inside the receiver!!!!

what i do is,,, switch off the receiver and wait 3 minutes then switch on again , then the MR working fine again for some hours.

Also i notice the "initialization module" come on the screen from time to time even if i watch a FTA channel

Anyone can advise me please , is that normal ??? is somebody else have the same problem (on humax or echostar or nokia ......or anyother receiver)?

Is my MR cam is a fake one" or the problem is related to a software 1.055 and will be modified at future?

is it wrong to keep the cam inside the receiver long time (overnight)?

Thanks for all guys here

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are not using the receiver it is probably better to at least put it into standby, as the CAM can get very warm. There are a few quirks in the MR software, as there are with most of the other multicams, I have to reset mine occasionally and it also resets on its own occasionally.