'Invalid CI module' message after flashing Magic with Penta 1.11

T

the viewer

Hi,

I programmed my Magic module today with Pentacrypt 1.11, but it doesn't seem to work any more :(

It initially seemed to work, appearing in the CI module list on my Humax CI-5100 as 'PENTA 1.11' but after I inserted a funcard it started saying 'Invalid CI module'. Repeated removals, reinsertions and power-cycles don't change this.

What can I do? I have a laptop with a PCMCIA slot, could I use this to reinitialise the CAM somehow?

Any help gratefully received.

regards
the viewer

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Think that you probably need a CAS interface to fix it, not sure if there is a PCMCIA solution.

T

the viewer

Okay thanks for letting me know. Do you know what would have caused this? Bad software or something I did wrong?

M

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi the viewer,
I remember reading, a long time ago, of problems initialising CAMS in certain receivers after flashing them, I'm not sure if this referred to Humax receivers, but it might be worth trying it in a different receiver, if possible.
Best wishes
Mickha

P

pandashoe

i've got Hummys to and you need a cas fof initisonlison (bol*icks carnt spell it but you need a cas or some other stb

T

the viewer

Okay, my CAS2 has finally arrived, so I'm going to try and reflash the CAM. Could someone please clairfy the following for me:
1. Do I need to reflash it with a Dreamload file?
2. Is there anything else I need to do?
3. I have downloaded a zip file containing files called Dreamload-ST.bin and dreamload-Toshiba.bin. According to the readme file one is for ST and one is for Toshiba (I assume this refers to the processor inside the CAM). How do I know which one I have? The sticker on the outside of the CAM has the usual picture of a wizard if that's any use.

Hope someone can help.

regards
the viewer

T

the viewer

Just in case it is of any help, using the CAS2 software to read the contents of the CAM yields the following:

Reading complete! press SAVE to save the read data
CAM Connected
Xilinx XC9536XL CPLD Version 3 detected
Searching for flash...
Manufacturer ID: 0x01
Device ID: 0x2249
Flash: AM29LV160LV

T

the viewer

Okay well it looks like things are working at last... I used the CAS2 to reflash the MM with a Dreamload for AMD memory (I worked out that the Toshiba/ST/AMD thing refers to memory rather than CPU). Then I flashed the CAM with Penta 1.09. It seems to be decrypting some scrambled channels - so far the Dutch ones on Astra 19.2 - so I guess that's a result.

Thanks for your help

regards
the viewer

sportsat

sportsat

what did you reflash the cam with ,as iam having probs with my mm originalver 1.04

thanks

sporty

sportsat

sportsat

thanks for that m8 ill try and do something with it any ways

thanks

sporty