Listen Up Inverto Multiconnect Switch Label Issue

bobbywise

Reaction score
Website
www.robertwisbey.net
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Fracarro Penta Digit 68cm Dish at 28e, unbranded 60cm dish at 9e/13e/19e, EMP Centauri S8/1PCP-W2 switch emulating diseqc motor
My Location
Nantes, France
Hi,

I hope this info helps people who install the Inverto Mutliconnect System.
I recently got one, and to cut a long story short, I wasted about two to three hours because the supplied Diseq switch was badly labeled.

Physically it is labeled as follows:
B out A
C D

Out is out, but in fact the letters are wrong on the plastic casing and should actually be as follows:
D out C
A B

So, the physical to actual mapping is:
B to D
A to C
C to A
D to B

Now the long story to why I wasted time due to the badly labeled Diseq switch.
I decided with a two dish approach - on dedicated to 28E that was already aligned, and a new smaller dish for 13/19/23.5E.
My first mistake was I chose to align the small dish with the switch installed from the offset. Had I not have one this, I would have realized sooner that the switch was badly labeled.

So, I aligned the dish (wrongly) due to what I thought was the central lnb pointing at 19E, on the labeled Diseq D. I then connected my known well aligned 28E dish to what was labeled diseq B. I was recieving 19E but at this stage didn't realize it was coming in from another lnb other than the centrally aligned one. 28E was not working, but at this stage I was thinking it was maybe because for some strange reason that my lnb on was not compatible. So I started switching LNBs.

It's only when I took the switch out of the small dish and connected directly that I realized the central lnb was not pointing to 19E, and then realized that the diseq switch was badly labeled. The dish was slightly too far south. I turned a little further east without the switch to confirm I was on 19E. I then put the switch back, and established the correct label mapping (I correctly assumed the mapping was crossed, but confirmed by connecting correctly aligned 19E to each switch port).

Moral of the story is to never trust diseq switch labeling and to do your initial dish alignment without a switch, and only put the switch in after.

I hope my 'bad' experience wasting some time is helpful to others.
Maybe your diseq switch labeling will be good, or bad but with a different mapping to mine.
At least it was sunny while I was on the roof doing all the testing ;-)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I'd been confused by this too. Since this is the first switch I've had that used letters rather than numbers (my receiver also shows numbers) I just assumed that A did not equal 1, B was not 2, etc as I had originally thought. Never thought it was just labelled wrong but it does seem to be the more likely explanation.

Luckily for me I was just replacing an existing switch at the time so it was just a few minutes of head scratching trying to figure out the right LNB combination in the receiver's menus. I'd have been a bit fed up if I was in your position!

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
I followed your moral in the past-Dont involve the switch until everythings aligned. Seemed logical to me, which is unusual!!!