IRD Question

Hello all.

I have a Viacast Quantum MSR 1500 IRD. With onboard Na*ra..

I am new to this and need some help.

I have funcards and loaders, but I don't know if I need to extract the Boxkeys from the IRD.

In the setup menu, it tells me the Decoder ver#, and the decoder number.

Is this the IRD boxkey number, or just the Na*ra CI number.

Any help with the whole Boxkey extracting thing, I would be very gratefull.

I see alot of people asking about this, but there are no real answers.

Thanks in advance...

Lodman

Not alot of answers to my questions :(

Can someone at least answer this one question???

Do I need the box keys from the IRD?????

Lodman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The IRD number will be 8 characters possibly letters and numbers, the Boxkey will be 16 characters letters and numbers.

Aside from that, I know little about it, as I've never had to do it.

Thanks rolfw.

I am new at this and its hard to get answers.

I read that I need the boxkeys from my IRD to edit the hex files and put them on my funcards. In my system info it tells me the decoder number ,, but I was told that to make it work I need the so called Boxkey,,, I am sure I will figger it out..
Thanks for the reply..

Lodman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are looking at the D+ package on 30W, it is rapidly closing its Nagra operation and converting to Aladin, will only be Cabo soon.

rolfw...... I am on the west coast of Canada, and I have a good selection of sat's to look at,, but I would love to test some Na*ra channels.

I have funcards and programmers, but I just can't figger out how to edit the hex files with Cam, IRD , time zip etc.

I have read alot of info on how to load the files onto the cards but it does not tell me what I really need to do to the hex's before I load them.

If there is a good readme on hex editing I would love to read it. One that tells me what line the cam info and the IRD info should go on.

Thanks for talkin to me.....

Lodman