IRD Question

Lodman

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have a Viacast Quantum MSR 1500 IRD. With onboard Na*ra..

I am new to this and need some help.

I have funcards and loaders, but I don't know if I need to extract the Boxkeys from the IRD.

In the setup menu, it tells me the Decoder ver#, and the decoder number.

Is this the IRD boxkey number, or just the Na*ra CI number.

Any help with the whole Boxkey extracting thing, I would be very gratefull.

I see alot of people asking about this, but there are no real answers.

Thanks in advance...

Lodman

Lodman

Reaction score
Not alot of answers to my questions :(

Can someone at least answer this one question???

Do I need the box keys from the IRD?????

Lodman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The IRD number will be 8 characters possibly letters and numbers, the Boxkey will be 16 characters letters and numbers.

Aside from that, I know little about it, as I've never had to do it.

Lodman

Reaction score
Thanks rolfw.

I am new at this and its hard to get answers.

I read that I need the boxkeys from my IRD to edit the hex files and put them on my funcards. In my system info it tells me the decoder number ,, but I was told that to make it work I need the so called Boxkey,,, I am sure I will figger it out..
Thanks for the reply..

Lodman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are looking at the D+ package on 30W, it is rapidly closing its Nagra operation and converting to Aladin, will only be Cabo soon.

Lodman

Reaction score
rolfw...... I am on the west coast of Canada, and I have a good selection of sat's to look at,, but I would love to test some Na*ra channels.

I have funcards and programmers, but I just can't figger out how to edit the hex files with Cam, IRD , time zip etc.

I have read alot of info on how to load the files onto the cards but it does not tell me what I really need to do to the hex's before I load them.

If there is a good readme on hex editing I would love to read it. One that tells me what line the cam info and the IRD info should go on.

Thanks for talkin to me.....

Lodman

bdkid39

Reaction score
I have got the same receiver Viacast Quantum MSR. If anyone can point to right direction on how to dump the firmware (need that boxkey) please do post here. Receiver does have RS232 serial port (dsub-9pin) at the back.

Manual (of very little info):
http://www.viacasting.com/pdfs/Quant_ug.pdf