Irdeto 2 - Two Card Slots in a Receiver

18pcs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD Thomson 8215
My Location
Poland
Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first post here. I have a Ferguson 7600 with 2 Embedded Multi Card Slots but am having problems as have to frequently put the reciever off then on and then reinsert the card (WorldTV Europe Official Card) and then it works for an hour or so and then again have to repeat the procedure. Spoke to Ferguson and they told me to upgrade the Firmware which I did, now the problem has lessened a bit, but it still there. I am fedup and have decided to buy another tuner with two embedded Irdeto 2 slots. Can someone please suggest which one will solve the problem I am facing ? Or shall I buy two Irdeto 2 Cams and insert them in the Ferguson Cam slots. I guess cost wise this is not a feasble solution. Is the Manhattan Plaza XT suitable for me ? thanks for all replies.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

From the manufacturers website, it is the Manhattan Plaza XT-M, that has the twin card slots. Apparently they are multi-CAS so should work with any official card. Unless anyone else knows for sure, it might be worth contacting their technical support to ensure your cards would work before buying one.

Robbo:)

18pcs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD Thomson 8215
My Location
Poland
Robbo71 said:
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

From the manufacturers website, it is the Manhattan Plaza XT-M, that has the twin card slots. Apparently they are multi-CAS so should work with any official card. Unless anyone else knows for sure, it might be worth contacting their technical support to ensure your cards would work before buying one.

Robbo:)

Actually even the Ferguson guys claimed that theirs is multi CAS etc, but I would be ore than wary this time and seek advice from someone actually using the system or someone who has installed such a system . Thanks for your prompt reply Robbo. Appreciate it. The manhattan which u mention above is prime on my list, but just seeking some confirmation about compatibility.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
18pcs said:
Hi Everyone. I am new to this forum and this is my first post here. I have a Ferguson 7600 with 2 Embedded Multi Card Slots but am having problems as have to frequently put the reciever off then on and then reinsert the card (WorldTV Europe Official Card) and then it works for an hour or so and then again have to repeat the procedure. Spoke to Ferguson and they told me to upgrade the Firmware which I did, now the problem has lessened a bit, but it still there. I am fedup and have decided to buy another tuner with two embedded Irdeto 2 slots. Can someone please suggest which one will solve the problem I am facing ? Or shall I buy two Irdeto 2 Cams and insert them in the Ferguson Cam slots. I guess cost wise this is not a feasble solution. Is the Manhattan Plaza XT suitable for me ? thanks for all replies.

Do you use two Irdeto smartcards at the same time?
With my Nokia 9800S which has an embedded Viaccess CAM and a Viaccess CI CAM, it can only deal with ONE Viaccess smartcard when inserted in either CAM. So I have taken out the CI CAM to avoid the clash and use the second Viaccess smartcard in the Dreambox 7000S.

18pcs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD Thomson 8215
My Location
Poland
HB13DISH said:
Do you use two Irdeto smartcards at the same time?
With my Nokia 9800S which has an embedded Viaccess CAM and a Viaccess CI CAM, it can only deal with ONE Viaccess smartcard when inserted in either CAM. So I have taken out the CI CAM to avoid the clash and use the second Viaccess smartcard in the Dreambox 7000S.

Yes i have both cards working at the same time, they work fine but only for some time then I have to reset the system.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
18pcs said:
Yes i have both cards working at the same time, they work fine but only for some time then I have to reset the system.

Have you tried to take out one of the cards and see if you still have the same problem?

losvre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyBox plus Nova
Pc is P4@2.4
512 MB RAM
160 GB HDD
My Location
UK
Hi guys

I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for some advise and suggestions. I need to buy a receiver that can accept irdeto 2 cam module (that have no issues with gamma card) and be fully compatible with Nova tv in Greece. Could you suggest any brand - model that won't break the bank?

Thank you for your time

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
losvre said:
Hi guys

I am new to this forum and I would like to ask for some advise and suggestions. I need to buy a receiver that can accept irdeto 2 cam module (that have no issues with gamma card) and be fully compatible with Nova tv in Greece. Could you suggest any brand - model that won't break the bank?

Thank you for your time

Do you have an official Nova card or Gamma?
Do you have an Irdeto CAM at the moment?

losvre

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyBox plus Nova
Pc is P4@2.4
512 MB RAM
160 GB HDD
My Location
UK
Hi HB13DISH

Yes I have an official Nova card but I want one receiver for a friend that wants to use a gamma card. He has an irdeto cam already but bought a topfield receiver which is not working with his gamma card. Could you propose any solutions?

Thank you

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
losvre said:
Hi HB13DISH

Yes I have an official Nova card but I want one receiver for a friend that wants to use a gamma card. He has an irdeto cam already but bought a topfield receiver which is not working with his gamma card. Could you propose any solutions?

Thank you

It would help if you can give me more details:
1 - What is your receiver model number that you use to for Nova?
2 - What is the receiver model number (Topfield) that your friend has bought?
3 - Can your friend come to your place and check his Gamma card on your receiver? If it works then he can buy the same receiver as you have.
4 - How does the Irdeto CAM that your friend has looks like and does it have the latest firmware?
5 - Did you search the forum for any Gamma information?
Thank you for your cooperation.