irdeto cam [which one is it ]

johnappleby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 x technomate 1500ci 1mtr motorised dish
My Location
n/e england
hi.

a friend of mine has just left a magic cam with me he says it was working until a few days ago with 6 in 1 files but now cannot get it to work. it is an irdeto cam and has this no. on the back of the cam 901205 when initialized in my tm5000ci it reads
mascetti cam2_018. can enyone tell me first of all which cam have i got i.e is it a euro cam or is it an all cam. any clues as to a fix for it i.e update the cam software etc etc.

thanks

john

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The 901205 is a Eurocam id number, these are normally only once flashable and not with the software version you have on there.

The Mascetti 2.018 is an Irdeto Allcam version, I have the same in one of mine, it should work with most 6-in-1 files designed for Humax and Freecam.

If your receiver is recognising the cam, then it may still be OK, it won't have been affected by the Magic Module software problems as it is no the same type of cam.

There are a lot of channels which have recently changed encryption, is your friend sure that it isn't for that reason that it doesn't work.

johnappleby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n/e england
hi. rolfw

i have the cam with me to seeif i can get it to work
like i said i have tried to put my updated today card into the cam but no luck it has xhuma files on it and the same card works ok in my magic cam

regards

pip

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go into the Cam menu on your receiver and check what settings are listed under Goodies, they should read.

Debug: on (not too important
ECM: I/BC/S/V/N
EMU: off

Also have a look in the status menu and see if it recognises the card.

If the programming has become corrupted, it may be possible to reload the Mascetti software, but caution should be exercised, as it does not appear to be standard.

johnappleby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n/e england
hi

thanks rolfw

i will do as you say and let you know the results m8. it will be just about 7 30 ish when i reply got to go to see me dad m8

i will reply about then

john

johnappleby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n/e england
hi. sorry m8

had a chance to have a quick look before i go out

Debug: is on
ECM: says mtv and a few letter's
EMU: off is off

thats it m8

back later

johnappleby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
n/e england
hi. rolfw

i have changed the ecm to ECM: I/BC/S/V/N

the cam is now working again

thank you if you had not shown me what to look for this cam would still be off so thankyou very much.

john.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem John, that's what the forum is about, if someone else hadn't shown me when I first got mine, I wouldn't have been able to tell you either. As they say, what goes around comes around, but in a nice way. :)