Help Required IRIB

moein

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi again, a few weeks ago I asked if anyone could get IRIB channels 1-5 and they were available on Yamal 402 and I just wanted to ask again if you are still able to get those channels and if you have any information about the sanctions being removed soon or not. Also Analoguesat if you reply to this, is there any way I could send you a private message?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
16 IRIB channels are currently still on Yamal 402. Im currently keeping half an eye on IRIB Tamasha which is showing Yes Prime Minister :D

No-one can guarantee how long they will remain there. They could disappear tomorrow, or still be available this time next year.

Its very unlikely the EU sanctions against Iran will be lifted anytime soon. And even before the sanctions were in place IRIB 1-5 werent easily available to Europe - only 4 or 5 channels were available in the past, the 2 Sahar channels & JameJam 1 & 2 were the main ones.

I dont give help via pm - all questions that dont involve personal information should be asked here on the main forum so all our members get the benefit of help provided. After all an answer you get could be the nugget of info that helps someone in the future :)

moein

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
United Kingdom
wow thank you so much again for the quick reply!
could you please help me get the channels? The house I'm moving to has a 1M dish, will this be big enough or will I have to get another one? Also, what other equipment will I need to get these channels in a High Quality?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Which part of the UK are you in? Unless you are in a far distant outlying part a 1m should be ok.

Im using a 1.1m in the Scottish Borders (30 miles south of Edinburgh), and its not perfectly aligned for 55E yet. The signal drops out when it rains heavily - but that could be because the dish needs tweaking up still

The biggest problem with 55E is that its quite low over towards the east. If you have any tall trees, blocks of flats etc over to the east you may find they get in the way. Have a look at the dishpointer site to see if you are likely to have problems.

You will need a DVB-S2 capable receiver. Im using a Skybox F3, cheap (about 50 quid), fairly sensitive, and several of the regulars on the forum have one so theres plenty ofn help available.

moein

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
United Kingdom
thank you so much for all the information, I'll look into buying a Skybox F3 and the house I'm moving to is in north London.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If the dish is up high be careful adjusting the dish - 1m dishes are heavy once the bolts are loosened off.

If you have ANY doubts about your ability to align the dish safely get an expert to do it for you - the last thing you want is for the dish to come loose and have you off a ladder!

moein

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
United Kingdom
So a 1M dish will be good enough? It's also quite high up so I'll definitely get an expert to come round and do it for me, I would have no idea what I'm doing :)

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I get them fine here on my TD88 though the Quality is only 56%.A larger dish would better for guarenteed reception.Unfortunatly my 100cm dish cannot see that satellite.
TM5402HD TD88.

Edit. Most of the channels are 59-61%

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Moein - before you go any further you need to do an informal "site survey" and confirm theres no obstructions over towards the south east. 55E is only about 12 degrees above the horizon in London, so can easily be blocked by tower blocks, trees, hills etc.

Use dishpointer.com, and on the second drop down use the adjacent 55E Insat-3E as Yamal isnt listed - its too new

moein

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
United Kingdom
hmm, there are trees nearby but the dish is quite high

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No-one can guarantee how long they will remain there. They could disappear tomorrow, or still be available this time next year.
Oh dear I jinxed them! Two days after I posted this the Iranians seem to have disappeared off 55E!

Jeries

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have Arabsat , Hotbird
My Location
Israel
IRIB channels moved from Yamal 402 two days ago

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Jeries

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have Arabsat , Hotbird
My Location
Israel
Really crap what happend mate , Last week I paid good money and called special man to come and get me this Yamal 402 Just to get IRIB channels and I was so happy he managed to get them after 5 hours working , 48 hours later I open TV and look , no shite Channels anymore ... I asked some people , evreybodey tell me new story , some told me will back soon to Yamal 402 anytime but I wont believe anything

now I try to get IRIB Channels on Arabsat 26 but I hope some others can help me how to do this ? becuase I managed to get my Dish on Arabsat 26 and all Channels Freq worked perfect , Only those damn IRIB never worked , despite I use 180m dish !!! God knows why !! hopeless Iran , always hard things even with Satellite

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
So where have they moved to .................. ?
They havent moved anywhere as far as I can tell. They have ceased off 55E but havent been reported as reappearing anywhere else!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Really crap what happend mate , Last week I paid good money and called special man to come and get me this Yamal 402 Just to get IRIB channels and I was so happy he managed to get them after 5 hours working , 48 hours later I open TV and look , no shite Channels anymore ... I asked some people , evreybodey tell me new story , some told me will back soon to Yamal 402 anytime but I wont believe anything

now I try to get IRIB Channels on Arabsat 26 but I hope some others can help me how to do this ? becuase I managed to get my Dish on Arabsat 26 and all Channels Freq worked perfect , Only those damn IRIB never worked , despite I use 180m dish !!! God knows why !! hopeless Iran , always hard things even with Satellite

Unfortuantely thats one of the great uncertainties of satellite tv reception. Theres never any guarantees with reception. Especially with pariah states like Iran where other governments try to stop their messages getting through.