Irish Digital Goes Regional

N

net1

Southcoast Television has applied for a digital license for the Irish region of Munster. The move is the first application under the Irish government's new policy of offering digital TV on a regional basis, after attempts to rollout a national DTT network failed to produce a bidder. Ireland is already heavily cabled in its urban areas, and subscribers can also sign up to UK-based DTH service Sky Digital. Southcoast currently has 10,000 multichannel subscribers to its analog relay system, and the company says that it plans to offer 60 channels on a new digital system. The new DTT system will cost Southcoast Euro6-8m ($7.4-9.8m) to roll out.

El Mark

Reaction score
I Live in munster myself and cant say that i am all that excited by this news. so far all we have in my area in the way of digital TV is Chorus and SKY.

the Chorus platform is pretty poor with a poor choice of channels and not great performance so it is easy to see why SKY have dominance over here DESPITE the lack of ITV and Channel 4 on the EPG.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Well said...El Mark
I'm in Laois and had Sky , But the Boss wanted UTV so we dumped Rupe and got Chorus, and It is S##T. But the boss has UTV and thats all she wants.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You could always subscribe to both Razor, with all those millions from the heist.....

El Mark

Reaction score
good luck!

chorus are very expensive!

i think they are going bust as well...