Irish SKy card- OK with 7025?

A

Anonymous-A

Hi there,

I currently have an Irish Sky sub - I have it mostly to watch the Irish terrestrials which unfortunately are subscription channels and not FTA.

Would a Dreambox 7025 decode these channels, and if so, what do I need to do to the box to get it to work?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

I found this with search:

I have 2 sky cards, one with a sports sub (irish) and another FTV card for ITV/C4..

The FTV card had been out of my digibox for about 2-3 weeks. last nigth i put it in, and it would no longer work ... i left it in overnigth, and it seemed it updated cause it was working this morning.

my irish card has been in my dreambox for at least a month, and gives no probs. so, it seems the card updates fine in a dreambox?

This was wallyCharlo; search and you'll find the whole thread. You'll only need to run CCcam on the Dreambox plus the card must already be active.

A

Anonymous-A

Thanks a million - I'll try not to be a noob and search the forums next time! :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
No problem ;)

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
To consolidate what mhku has said, both Irish and UK Sky cards work exactly the same. They have what I call a "sleep date". If they don't receive a "stay awake"message before the sleep date they temporarily stop working. Every time they receive a stay awake message, roughly every day, the sleep date is advanced and is about 5 to 6 weeks from the last stay awake message received.

Luckily (and unlike the similar facility of a Dragon Cam), CCcam can send the keep awake message to a card, provided that the Dreambox is turned on and that the tuner is receiving a channel (ANY channel) on the Sky EPG; in practical terms virtually anything at 28,2º/28,5º.

Under these circumstances a sleeping card should wake up within 24 hours (48 hours at most). CCcam WILL wake up a sleeping card - for reasons I won't go into, I have a stock of (expired) Sky cards, and I tried with one that had been asleep for a year or so. Within a few hours, Channel 4 and Channel 5 (which need an active but not necessarily subscription) card started to work again.

A

Anonymous-A

It's all working a treat now - I have Gemini and CCcam installed and I have RTÉ One on the DB now!

Edit: My USB key works now - I kept reformatting and mounting it and finally it worked.. :)