• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Irish SKy card- OK with 7025?

Crusty Burke

My Satellite Setup
Irish Sky sub, Freesat HD from 28.2 East, TNTSAT card in Dreambox 800HD and a Motorised Dish with a HTPC holding it all together
My Location
London
Hi there,

I currently have an Irish Sky sub - I have it mostly to watch the Irish terrestrials which unfortunately are subscription channels and not FTA.

Would a Dreambox 7025 decode these channels, and if so, what do I need to do to the box to get it to work?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

I found this with search:

I have 2 sky cards, one with a sports sub (irish) and another FTV card for ITV/C4..

The FTV card had been out of my digibox for about 2-3 weeks. last nigth i put it in, and it would no longer work ... i left it in overnigth, and it seemed it updated cause it was working this morning.

my irish card has been in my dreambox for at least a month, and gives no probs. so, it seems the card updates fine in a dreambox?

This was wallyCharlo; search and you'll find the whole thread. You'll only need to run CCcam on the Dreambox plus the card must already be active.

Crusty Burke

My Satellite Setup
Irish Sky sub, Freesat HD from 28.2 East, TNTSAT card in Dreambox 800HD and a Motorised Dish with a HTPC holding it all together
My Location
London
Thanks a million - I'll try not to be a noob and search the forums next time! :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
No problem ;)

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
To consolidate what mhku has said, both Irish and UK Sky cards work exactly the same. They have what I call a "sleep date". If they don't receive a "stay awake"message before the sleep date they temporarily stop working. Every time they receive a stay awake message, roughly every day, the sleep date is advanced and is about 5 to 6 weeks from the last stay awake message received.

Luckily (and unlike the similar facility of a Dragon Cam), CCcam can send the keep awake message to a card, provided that the Dreambox is turned on and that the tuner is receiving a channel (ANY channel) on the Sky EPG; in practical terms virtually anything at 28,2º/28,5º.

Under these circumstances a sleeping card should wake up within 24 hours (48 hours at most). CCcam WILL wake up a sleeping card - for reasons I won't go into, I have a stock of (expired) Sky cards, and I tried with one that had been asleep for a year or so. Within a few hours, Channel 4 and Channel 5 (which need an active but not necessarily subscription) card started to work again.

Crusty Burke

My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
It's all working a treat now - I have Gemini and CCcam installed and I have RTÉ One on the DB now!

Edit: My USB key works now - I kept reformatting and mounting it and finally it worked.. :)