Is an 80/85 cm offset dish good on a diseqc motor

Parsasat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
49E 34N
hi,thanks for your helps guys.i wanna know that is a 80 or 85 cm offset dish can be good on a diseqc motor? can i have good signal of satellites in the normal motor azimuth range ? can i have all channels with a good quality ?
thank you so much.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Parsasat said:
hi,thanks for your helps guys.i wanna know that is a 80 or 85 cm offset dish can be good on a diseqc motor? can i have good signal of satellites in the normal motor azimuth range ? can i have all channels with a good quality ?
thank you so much.

Yep, an 85cm dish is OK on a DiSEqC motor.

No you will not get all channels from all the satellites on your arc. Consult _www.lyngsat.com and the footprints, to gain a rough idea of what you might receive.

:)

Parsasat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
49E 34N
hello,thank you so much for your help friend.i know that we cant not have all channels in my round arc.but i mean that can i have those channel which i had them with a 90 or 100 cm ordinary dish steady dish with a 80cm offset dish on a diseqc motor ?
thank a lot.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Probably not, NO, as the dish is a bit smaller, but it depends on the performance of the dish.

Generally though, if set up correctly, you would get the same on a motorised dish as you would on a fixed dish (using an identical dish).