Is anyone surprised the bbc3 viewing figures are poor?

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
3 years ago BBC3 was axed as a linear channel & moved online to make it more relevant to the yoof of today - the target audience

Now BBC3 programming is to be moved onto BBC1 in the late evening as the viewing figures are awful (8% of the target audience)

BBC News cut to give BBC Three a linear TV slot - a516digital

Its probably only a matter of time until BBC3 gets relaunched as a proper channel

william-1

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra 0.2
(50 east to 45 west)
TM6902HD (A/B switch) TM5302HD 1st edition

88cm Dish +Inverto Black Ultra 0.2
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ (A/B switch), Golden Interstar Alpha X
45cm SpiderboxHD9000 28E
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
No surprise to me as I did not think it would last this long,
Another silly idea by BBC planning,

Next to come will be renaming the National BBC TV channels ?

BBC Light TV,
BBC Home TV,
BBC Third TV :-rofl2
BBC World News

A bit like AM radio was 60 years ago :)

Last edited:
Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
No BBC staff left round here since Kingswood Warren shut down . Only the scavengers, Capita , parading under the brand logo 'TV Licensing' since the top brass baled out a few years back.

The sooner the corporation checks on forward promises of a revenue stream by the goon squad and the actual returns in the last decade the better.

2cvbloke

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Since BBC3 went from being a TV channel to a youtube-style thing, I haven't watched it at all, if they want to have a streaming platform, then shut down all the channels and go full-on with their iplayer thingy, would save a lot of money then... :-rofl2

Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Looking at the promo page for the channel one would think they are selling cancer.
BBC Three | Docs, Comedies, Videos & Articles
Oh yes very educational, heaven help the yoof of today when they actually need to start taking responsibility for things

I am surprised the BBC is able to exist with it's complete non adherance to the terms of it's royal charter. Their complete lack of impartiality and total bias in many areas, people find offensive and off putting. They constantly shoot themselves in the foot and the tax payer picks up the bill or they just go cap in hand to their biggest sponsors in the Middle East.

william-1

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra 0.2
(50 east to 45 west)
TM6902HD (A/B switch) TM5302HD 1st edition

88cm Dish +Inverto Black Ultra 0.2
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ (A/B switch), Golden Interstar Alpha X
45cm SpiderboxHD9000 28E
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
If they ever choose on line for all TV radio over Satellite & DTT then with my current supplier VM I would have no TV half a dozen times a year with their so called maintenance breaks to improve your service :-rofl2

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
No. Never watched it online... Was never planning on doing it either! There's enough rubbish on traditional TV to justify BBC3's online-only presence.

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Three (originally BBC Choice inspired, which it replaced) had quite a few brilliantly commissioned / purchased programmes in its hey-day, which I would look forward to, despite being outside the suggested demographic.
Monkey Dust, Bad Education, Family Guy, Man Stroke Woman, In The Flesh to name a few.
Three also added repeats of existing shows I'd missed first time round from the main BBC channels.

When I look at what it currently or has offered recently, I'm not filled with anywhere near the same desire to drop what I'm doing, nor set the VCR to record.