is it posible to copy this card?

Swack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dish 3m mesh, Cakrawarta-1, Humax ND 2200s
My Location
Philippines
Hi,
I'm a total newb about this topic. I am just wondering if it is posible to copy the card provided by the satellite tv provider? I'm not sure if it is IRDETO or IR2.

I have 2 decoders atm but only have 1 card so I split it but both tv will have the same channel.

If it is posible, what software/hardware do I need? Thanks in advance

P.S. I think we're using Cakawarta-1. Im not sure if it is ok to mention the name of the provider so i wont mention if yet.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Nowdays all cards are very secure copy-protected:mad:

But there is a thing called cardsplitter, haven´t tried one but they seems to work fine.

Do a Google:)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Yes card splitters might be a good solution.
Seen it in our site sponsor Sateuropa
_http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/overview.asp?catid=10&subcat=55
On the other hand, your provider might have a big discount for a second room subscription. At least this is what our local provider does.

Swack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Philippines
Thanks for the quick replies. If im going to buy a card splitter, what type of receiver should i get? DBox seems to be very famous, will that work with the splitter?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Swack said:
Thanks for the quick replies. If im going to buy a card splitter, what type of receiver should i get? DBox seems to be very famous, will that work with the splitter?

I don't understand the question.
Your first post mentions that you have already two decoders and I assumed you mean a satellite receiver.
What is a decoder in this case?
Please give more details. Make and model number.

Swack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Philippines
Sorry for the confusion, yes I have 2 decoder/receiver at the moment. Reciever is sometimes called decoder right? Please correct me if i'm wrong, because I dont know if that is right. I have Humax ND2200S and old Motorolla which I dont know the model. I just asked because i saw that the wifi card splitter comes with 3 client cards, so I might as well buy another receiver to use the third client card on another tv.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Swack said:
Sorry for the confusion, yes I have 2 decoder/receiver at the moment. Reciever is sometimes called decoder right? Please correct me if i'm wrong, because I dont know if that is right. I have Humax ND2200S and old Motorolla which I dont know the model. I just asked because i saw that the wifi card splitter comes with 3 client cards, so I might as well buy another receiver to use the third client card on another tv.

OK. Let's stick to the terminolgy of "receiver".
Before buying the card splitter, you should first find out if it will support your smartcard encryption or if it will work on both receivers.
So before buying a third receiver, get the two receivers to work first.
Did you ask your provider about a multi room subscription instead?

Swack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Philippines
HB13DISH said:
So before buying a third receiver, get the two receivers to work first.

Both receivers are working fine with the card because both came from the same provider too.

I checked the encryption used on Cakrawarta-1 and it is using Videoguard, But the card splitter i saw only supports Seca Mediaguard 1 & 2, Viaccess 1 & 2, Conax, Irdeto 1 & 2 and Cryptoworks encryptions. Will this work on Videoguard encypted cards too?

Will cardsharing using DB receivers work with ADSL 128/64kbps? I only want to use it on the same house/building incase the cardsplitter doesnt support my card encryption.

HB13DISH said:
Did you ask your provider about a multi room subscription instead?
There is no provider here on my location right now and I only got my subscription by asking a friend of mine to buy me one during his last travel to Indonesia, so asking them about multi room subscription will have to wait until my friend's next travel there.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Swack said:
Both receivers are working fine with the card because both came from the same provider too.

I checked the encryption used on Cakrawarta-1 and it is using Videoguard, But the card splitter i saw only supports Seca Mediaguard 1 & 2, Viaccess 1 & 2, Conax, Irdeto 1 & 2 and Cryptoworks encryptions. Will this work on Videoguard encypted cards too?

Will cardsharing using DB receivers work with ADSL 128/64kbps? I only want to use it on the same house/building incase the cardsplitter doesnt support my card encryption.

There is no provider here on my location right now and I only got my subscription by asking a friend of mine to buy me one during his last travel to Indonesia, so asking them about multi room subscription will have to wait until my friend's next travel there.

AFAIK it will not work with NDS (Videoguard), unless you get confirmation that the card splitter will indeed work with your card.
Search for card splitters that work with Sky UK, as they are also NDS,
but I doubt if they exist.
Inhouse cardsharing could work, but it would mean buying two more receivers.
Perhaps it would be cheaper in the long run to buy another card or just take the card and insert it in the second room.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes I agree if I remember correctly somebody has already tried a card splitter with NDS and it did not work!

Swack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Philippines
Thanks for all the help guys.