Is it possible to receive FRENCH Terrestrial (dvb-T) channels in London ?

Xooxm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
wavefrontier T90
My Location
London
Is it possible to receive FRENCH Terrestrial (dvb-T) channels in London ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nope.

Not in normal conditions.

Maybe on unpredictable occasions during a propagation anomaly, but basically NO!

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The same answer applies that was given to your previous posts re Dutch DVB-T transmissions, i.e. favourable Tropospheric reception conditions, as tivu mentioned.

Xooxm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
wavefrontier T90
My Location
London
that's too bad. the distance is not to big, J was hope that using high quality antenna J can receive something

Hughes

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR, Samsung Sky+ HD, Skybox, Fransat HD box, Fransat SD box
Several dishes up to 150cm, receiving 28E 26E 19E 13E 9E 5W
My Location
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
What about French terrestrial via satellite? The Fransat bouquet is easily receivable in London with a small dish or your Wavefrontier from 5º West. You can buy a sat receiver and card easily in/from France, and you will receive more channels than with a terrestrial antenna. These include all the regional variations of France 3. With a standard receiver you will still get many stations "in the clear", such as France 2,3,5, TMC, NRJ Paris, etc. If your installation runs to 7,13 and 19º East you will be well served with French TV and radio!

traveller

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
az box hd premium dell inspiron
My Location
ramsgate kent
can get french quite good here in thanet, or try az box satellite.

A nonymous

Reaction score
My mate gets the french DVB-T channels no problem at all in Ramsgate. Mind you though i did have to put up a big aerial (Televes DAT 75) for him pointing out to Sea :D

In bad weather it gets a little blocky, but usually its OK.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
the most porblem here,some dvb t package and dab+ package,using the same freqency,means,the signal will be blocked each other,and in dab reception of only one package its posible!

from the time before satellites was avalible in beginning of 1987,our cable operator have still installed a real big terestial antenna system on 2500 meter see level,to transmited radio fm channels,from the exposinal postion,and tv channels,to the cable Hq down in the valley,before dvb t was coming was very intresting ,to look,the analog tv,always when swiss tv number 2 sf2 swtich off the signal,and the weather,change to from good to bad athmosphare deep preasure,it was posible to see a signal of nederland 2 test picture on this freqency,on sf1 after channel swtich off in the night,was posilbe to look rtr terestrial from luxembourg!,now all analog channels swiched off!

there are difffrent ,sending charaktieristics of each dvb t transmiter,most of them have a speread "wide "signal,with a large distance,in more direction,but there also some,that is only focused in one direction,with lower transmit power!

the the situation looks that the dvb t signal,from zurich,on 2500 m seelevel ist higher of a distance,of 130 km,then signal,from a sender,locared only 50 km away.because signal focused more in other direction,the funny thing,in the test,we got also the complete dvb t package from nürnberg germany,with a distance,of 700 km!!

when,you have free view,and no object between,then the dvb t faraways reception can begin,at its best:)

in normal conditions,with outh the use of big external antenna systems,and signal boosters,its nearly imposilbe to catch signal from far away!

near the german boarder where my sister live,a 10 indorr booster antenna is enough to catch 27 channels from austria germany and switzerland at one time!