Is it worth it???

Hi folks! Been reading the site for a while now and after the collapse of I*v Digit*l i was wondering is it worth keeping the box? Yeah i know about the free to air and the two new teletext channels 701 and 702 but will they ever restart a DTT service? Or shall i get rid of it and go back to cable??? You all seem to know whats happening on this site! so please smart people can u give me any info??? :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Keep hold of your box until the new operators are known, one way or other there will be some sort of digital terrestrial system and I don't feel that cable is an adequate substitute. If I were to go for an alternative, it would be Sky.

Rolf

Yeah thanx Rolf, I cant get sky Digital as my landlord will not give me planning permission for the dish.. Yeah cable is a poor alternative for me (as i dont live in a cable digital area) but i just gotta have me fix of s*y one and big brother! Thanx for the info i really appreciate it :7

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Bear in mind that there is more than one way to skin a cat, if you're in a house a landlord can often be persuaded to allow a dish concealed in the garden, or perhaps camoflaged, the minidish is easily disguised. There is also a globe dish which looks like a ground standing garden light. If you're in a block of flats its obviously more difficult, but I've recently managed to install a dish on a Grade II listed block of flats. There was a small area of roof on a large entrance portico that couldn't be seen from the ground and so the landlords allowed the installation.

Just thought it was worth mentioning, as most landlords say no as a reflex, without real consideration.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
If its sensibly offered to your landlord (plans, artists drawing) etc, there should be no real reason why a small dish cannot be agreed on

The theres always a bribe, or blackmail

yeah thanx guys tried that idea already, i live in a third floor flat and my balcony faces the 'wrong' way :( and i have been told i have to mount the dish on the balcony line, what ever that means. So i guess i will have to hope that DTT re-launches in some other name :7 with luck and someone with money (u reading this television companies?) that the defunct operator I*V Digit*l is reborn into something much better and a hell of a lot cheaper. Thanx all for ya help.