is my dragon cam dead.

nuggnu

Reaction score
hi all,

i am new to this, so i'll try to explain clearly as possible.
today i got a new dragon cam with loader and a infinity usb unlimited programer.
i've been reading some of the other posts related to loading the card with the latest preditor firmware. i've followed the instructions in the post http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=41208 and i belive that i've loaded the card successfully.

that part of the process i can handle. now this is where things dont work. i have two setups in the house. i have a Falcon 6600 ci receiver and a twinhan pci card with ci slot using progdvb (latest vesion) i've also downloaded a ci interface module from the progdvb website.

when i insert the dragon cam into the receiver and then switch it on, the receiver loads the fta channel, but when i got to the system setup menu and click on the ci interface menu, nothing appears. theres no menu at all about the cam or how to update the cam with the loader card.

when i insert the cam into my pc and load progdvb, the cam again is not recognised. and the software then dose not load fta channels. if i remove the cam from the pc and load progdvb, the software then loads fta channels.

is it that the cam is not compatable with both of my systems, or is the cam dead. or am i missing somethink.

can anyone help.

thanks in advace, nuggnu & james(who is sitting next to me on the left)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi nuggnu,
If this is your first time loading the Predator firmware into your Dragon Cam follow the guide in the howto.txt file found in the Predator folder.
After programming your card:
If your Dragon Cam is not in the receiver, insert your card, chip facing up.
Ensure your receiver is tuned to a FTA channel.
Turn off your receiver.
Insert Dragon Cam(With Card) into your receiver and switch on your receiver.
Navigate to the Cam menu and the Dragon Cam should now be in load mode.
Load the Cam.
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual porgress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module.
Turn off your receiver.
Now turn on your receiver and your Dragon Cam should be updated.
If your Dragon Cam is already in your receiver, tune to a FTA channel, I always use BBC news.
Turn off your receiver.
Insert the card, chip face up.
Turn on your receiver.
Go to the Common interface menu on the receiver, and select the "Dragon Loader" module.
In the next menu, select "yes, Load module".
Now a menu appears indicating that loading is in progress. To see the actual porgress percentage, select "refresh". There is no auto-refresh because some receivers had problems with that....
When loading is complete, a menu appears saying "Loading successful". REMOVE the loader card from the module.
Turn off your receiver.
Now turn on your receiver and your Dragon Cam should be updated.
The Dragon Cam has been known to experience problems with older receivers, please post back with your results.
Best wishes
Mickha

nuggnu

Reaction score
thanks for the advice,

i did what you said, i put the cam in my receiver. this time when i goto the ci interface menu it says "dragon loader" it never said that befor. but thats all no sub menu to load the card.

tryed it in the pc and still nothing

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi nuggnu,
press OK or enter on your receiver remote, and then you should get the sub menu.
Best wishes
Mickha

nuggnu

Reaction score
i tryed that many times. but there dose not seem to be a menu. and no updating

in that case if the receiver see's the cam and states "dragon loader" in the cam interface menu, then its safe to say that the cam is compatable.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi nuggnu,
I've checked the Dragon website and they haven't tested your receiver, but that doesn't mean it's not necessarily incompatible.
I don't think there is anything wrong with your Dragon Cam, as you can see it's in Dragon Loader mode, when the card is inserted, it sounds more like an issue with your receiver, which can sometimes be fixed with a receiver software upgrade, I've tried a search for your receiver, on satellite Heaven, but your make & model isn't mentioned, so I did a search on google but all I could find were sites in Italian, which I can't speak.
The only advice I can give is to try your receivers manufacturers website, if they have one, to see if there is a compatibility issue, or if there is anyone else who has this receiver and Dragon Cam working, or try updating your Dragon Cam in another receiver, a friends or another member that lives nearby.
Best wishes
Mickha

nuggnu

Reaction score
thanks so much for the help and advice, it was an issue with the receiver. late last night i managed to update the cam with my pc using MyTheatre. i got to see all the cams menus, but the cam itsself would not bring any tv pictures in.

today my neighbour bought his new dragon cam and a new receiver, and eveything went a ok. so i tryed my cam in his receiver and it came to life. i also found a website with updates for my receiver,its is a bit out of date. just need to get hold of a cable.

thanks again

nuggnu