is my motor or reciever broke ?

L

lfc84

My Satellite Setup
motorised dm500s
My Location
uk
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem. I have my motorised system installed a couple of weekes ago and everything was great ! Until.....

I left the receiver powered on the other night, tuned into a channel and went to bed. Then when i woke up yesterday morning it show "no signal" on the screen.

I have phoned my local installer but he is on holiday till next Tuesday... I was told there isnt anyone else who can help till he gets back.

I powered off the receiver and powered it back on and then took a look at the dish. I noticed that it now moves a degree east then a couple to the west and then just goes backwards and forwards......

Tried changing to a different satellite...but the motor justs swings backwards and forwards.

I've got a Force SCV 516. My local installer installed it with an 80cm dish and a Manhattan HH 120. (Which i understand it Diseqc 1.2).

The reciever has options to "reset lists" and "reset receiver". I've tried reset lists and no joy. I understand the "reset receiver" will start the re-installation wizard so i havent tried this.

Have you any ideas what it could be ? Could the reciever or motor be broke ? Or is it something else ?

PS. I have had to manually programme all of the positions (when it was working). Would it have been better if the installer used a Diseqc 2 motor ? If i need a replacement could you recommend one that can automatically find all the channels and i will let him know.

Many thanks from a sad Bill :-(

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
The Force resets by taking information from the satellite data, and so if the dish is not pointing at either Astra or 1W, nothing may happen.

I think the reset is done by unplugging and then pushing the on button immediately the four LEDs are on .

Sorry to hear of the problem, the Force PVR machines do tend to be temperamental with DiSEqC, great looking though.