is my t-rex dead?

iodine_man

Reaction score
i recently programmed my t-rex 4.1 with a dragon firmware file, all seemed well as the firmware updated ok and i was able to enter my sky box serial number, after i did this no sky signals were being decrypted so i powered down my pc( i have a tt3200) and rebooted, unfortunatly now my cam cannot be accessed, my tt software shows the cam function however when i load it all i get is a window saying 'please wait' and my dvbviwer software just won't recognise i have a cam at all. is there anyway i can get round this?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi iodine_man,
have you tried re-loading the cam, try loading an earlier predator firmware, and after inserting the loader card and restarting your receiver does your cam read it as being in loader mode? If possible can you try it in a different receiver?
Even if the boot loader is damaged it can be repaired quite cheaply, either by someone with a Cas 3, or by sending it to van hoof.

iodine_man

Reaction score
thanks mickha but the software will not allow the cam menu to start so i am not able to load any new firmware. i think that the bootloader must be damaged, perhaps van hoof could help if it is possible to make contact?