Is Sky cracked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Has sky been cracked yet? The reason I am asking is because I had to get some sat guys to help me put my dish back onto the bird after kids decided to play on it. The sat guy asked me why I have it because he can get it all for me a lot cheaper. next day he brought over a Dreambox, hooked it up to my dish and to the internet and there is was, all open. In fact, he hooked up a movable dish too and everything is open, Orbit, Showtime, everything. he wants to charge me 80le a month, about 7 quid. I don't know where or who that money goes to. I live in Egypt

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Sky is not open, without an official subscription.
It sounds like he's hooked you up to a paid server system, which uses card sharing, these are illegal and might not last too long, either because the providers fight back, by updating the encryption, to knock out card sharing, or the owners of the system take the money and run.
As you say you have no idea who you're paying the money to and if there will be any comeback if the providers take legal action.

Robbiewright

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
When I turn the box on, it comes up with a logo and the web sight is _www.dreamgaza.com. I had a look, it's all in Arabic though. I had little doubt that this was illegal, he had given it to me for a week to have a play with.

he also wanted to change my LNB for a single out put one, I have 4 at the moment, he said you lose single strength with a quad out put. Could that be true?

The dream box is getting ITV which I didn't get on the Sky box.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Robbiewright said:
he also wanted to change my LNB for a single out put one, I have 4 at the moment, he said you lose single strength with a quad out put. Could that be true?
It depends on the LNB. As I understand it the Invacom LNB is generally considered to be the best for fringe reception and for some strange reason the 4 output Quad is slightly better than the single output.

Robbiewright said:
The dream box is getting ITV which I didn't get on the Sky box.
Probably because being on a card share it's able to decrypt one of the encrypted ITV regions that aren't on 2D.

Robbiewright

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
all starting to make sense now.

hashman99

My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
don't think the dreamgaza website is anything more then a forum from where the dreambox image was downloaded
i'm thinking he's hooking you up on a payserver other then that

personally, i'd stay away due to the risks involved if you get caught.
that said, i'm not sure what the legal system is like in egypt, so its your call: it could either be "they don't give a sh*t" or "i dont wanna end up in prison in this country!"

Robbiewright

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
but the channels are coming through my dish that is pointing at 28.2, don't really understand how this works.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your receiver is connected to card server somewher in the world & you get the keys distributed to your receiver via broadband. All **very** illegal

May not work long into the new year anyway as sky will be implementing new anti card sharing techniques once the blue cards are turned off. - So dont pay a huge amount up front.

You will find most folks opinion of pay server operations is that they are scum of the earth - just remember if the server gets busted your IP address is on the server logs, and thiose will be the first things that the security goons go for!!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The Dreambox get the satellite signals the same as any other receiver and then looks through the Internet to the website where it gets the codes on the fly to decrypt encrypted channels.

As was said at the beginning, none of the encrypted channels (on any of the satellites you've seen probably) have been hacked. It's one genuine card running many boxes through the Internet.

Robbiewright

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
All too dodge for me, I sent it back.

hashman99

My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E & 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk

waragi

My Satellite Setup
topfield pvr
My Location
europ
I see there are some sky uk supporters here ,that want to contribute to their operating profit of £855m and 5.9 Billion in revenue,
Unfortunately outside of the uk you cannot get the service if you dont have a uk registered address.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Time to close this one - I wont allow this to turn into a pro/anti sky discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.