Is there a tutorial for broadband by satellite?

Licinius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500CI+
My Location
Andalucia, Spain
Now I've got the hang of viewing TV channels my next quest is to get broadband access through my dish (or another dish if need be).

Can anybody point me in the direction of a tutorial or let me know what type of hardware I require?

Thanks in advance

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well that information is ISP specific and not something you stand a chance of tapping for free. For the average single person user it is a very expensive way of gaining web access, not an economic solution, why do you want to go down this road? do you not have a telephone line or cable in the area?

ecotrojan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell XPS Gen 5
Kingston Communications are definately cheaper than Sat Broadband.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
SatBB is usually for people out in the sticks (in the middle of nowhere, too far away from the local Telephone exchange/cable network), or for businesses that can't get terrestrial BB and want faster access than ISDN2 (known as Midband now)...

Anyway, generally for 1 way satBB you need a USB/PCI receiver and a phoneline, and an account with an appropriate ISP, whereas with 2-way, if you have a massive income to afford it, you need a transceiver dish with a satellite modem designed to transmit and receive, usually supplied by the ISP...