Is this Astra1G ?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
Certainly right frequency wise11758 H
..and SR 27500 ..but the programs are not as listed at Lyngsat
Caspionet and BTV as opposed to KazakhTV and VTV ..
locked at 5.3db and fluctuating a good bit..
Currently resetting my Vbox to the repositioned Ku lnb on Carl ..but have _never_ locked 1G before..
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • maybe Astra 1G.webp
    maybe Astra 1G.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 78
On 36 East Kazakh TV also scans as Caspio-Net so you could be right.
 
It's a long time since I tried for 1G, never got a sniff before. But I am now getting 11758 at 5 dB and I have the channels. 11934 V 30000 is 6 dB but as it's 8PSK it won't lock.

Thanks for the tip, something must have happened to the Western Europe footprint or maybe it's just temporary.
 
Certainly right frequency wise11758 H
..and SR 27500 ..but the programs are not as listed at Lyngsat
Caspionet and BTV as opposed to KazakhTV and VTV ..
locked at 5.3db and fluctuating a good bit..
Currently resetting my Vbox to the repositioned Ku lnb on Carl ..but have _never_ locked 1G before..
rgds
VS
I guess you're right. It is listed on Lyngsat, Kingofsat and Flysat.
The reason you can receive this and not other transponders of the West Beam is probably because this is the only one transmitting in DVB-S/QPSK which is easier to lock than DVB-S2/8PSK.
 
No problem here with 11934V 7.8dB. Also 11758H 8.7dB.
 

Attachments

  • 11934V Astra 1G.webp
    11934V Astra 1G.webp
    207 KB · Views: 62
  • Astra 1G 11934V.webp
    Astra 1G 11934V.webp
    203.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 11758H Astra 1G.webp
    11758H Astra 1G.webp
    205.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Astra 1G 11758H.webp
    Astra 1G 11758H.webp
    134.6 KB · Views: 59
I very rarely lock 1G on the Fibo. Not much chance with the 1.5m either due to house in the way. So well done - it's one of the fringiest satellites out there for me.
 
No problem here with 11934V 7.8dB. Also 11758H 8.7dB.
I guess this shows how oddly this sat behaves ..
I can no longer get anything ..not even a hint of signal from 11758H ..but a couple of large peaks have appeared in the lo band ..
One of which Identifies as Linkstar Services ??
Can you rescan Llew and check if you see these ?
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • Oddity.webp
    Oddity.webp
    81.5 KB · Views: 44
This is all I get on the Lo Band. Don't think it's 1G, not in its frequency plan. 1E or 2B?
 

Attachments

  • Capture_03062014_101811.webp
    Capture_03062014_101811.webp
    215.1 KB · Views: 53
This is all I get on the Lo Band. Don't think it's 1G, not in its frequency plan. 1E or 2B?
As I suspected Llew ..The signals I got are prolly from one of those inclined birds passing through ..
Are you still getting 11758H atm ?
rgds
VS
 
Astra calls it ASTRA 5. Take a look at the NIT :)
 

Attachments

  • Snap137.webp
    Snap137.webp
    124.1 KB · Views: 59
Astra calls it ASTRA 5. Take a look at the NIT :)
Thanx BF ..Astra can call it what they like ...but I can't see it at the moment though..
;)
 
As I suspected Llew ..The signals I got are prolly from one of those inclined birds passing through ..
Are you still getting 11758H atm ?
rgds
VS
Yup, same dB value.
 
Well it just goes to show how the footprint decays rapidly East to West ..
No wonder I haven't locked this bird before ...lol
Last night it was a solid lock for me ..although low sig levels ..
I had an unbroken picture on the Skybox F3.
Some ultra fine tweaking and single stepping brought it back ..errr ..sort of..
This is the best I can achieve now on the F3 (Kazakh)
No doubt it would be better on the F15 ..but thats not wired for Ku.

I wanted to replace the F3 with the TM5302 ..but that's not possible cos I can't make it control the Vbox AAAaaagh.
rgds
VS
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0140.webp
    DSCF0140.webp
    139.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
11758 H 27500 coming in at 9.8 here right now using the c.m. 1.8 --
 
..and 30 minutes later ..almost solid again on the F3.
Dont ya just luv DXing..
;)
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0141.webp
    DSCF0141.webp
    77.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF0142.webp
    DSCF0142.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 52
I leave Dog X-Raying to the Vet :-wow
 
Llew and Vipersan, the low band stuff you reported is from Eutelsat 33B (11,2...11,45) and Eutelsat 33A (11,45...11,7), both are at 33,1 East. Turn a little and they come booming in.

In another thread some weeks ago I already suggested 11758H and 11934V might be from Astra 2B at 31.36 East.
dB values, first pointing at 31.5 East, then at 31,2 East:
11758H - 15.4 - 15.9
11934V - 14.2 - 14.5
12012V - 12,2 - 12,3
12090V - 12,7 - 12,5
12168V - 12,0 - 11,8
12246V - 13,0 - 12,8
12324V - 12,9 - 12,5
12402V - 14,0 - 13,9
12480V - 12,4 - 12,0
Someone else can do a similar compare?
 
So you're saying I still have not found Astra 1G and that the 11758H signals are actually from 2B ..?
If this was true it would be a very silly thing to do since 1G already (according to lyngsat) broadcast on this frequency and use this SR ..?
That would make for a very confusing situation ...confused muchly ..as am I.
I'll stick with my belief that this signal comes from 1G ..particularly since the mux carries 'Super Radio ' ..which is listed as broadcast from 1G..
Unless of course 1Gs contents are being taken over by 2B ...which begs the question ..is 1G on it's way out ??
;)
rgds
VS
 
Last edited:
Sure you and I are receiving that same transponder, but how can you be sure it's from 1G and not from 2B by now?
2B came co-locating with 1G, is not inclined, and has exactly the same frequency plan!
I'm not saying 1G is being cleared totally, only perhaps sharing the load which is pretty normal.
 
Looking at the footprints of both satellites I'd rather say it's 1G.
 

Attachments

  • 1G.webp
    1G.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 2B.webp
    2B.webp
    13 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top